Ride out at Llandegla on 19th/20th January 2019

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
Hi guys

Since I'm looking to buy my first E-bike and haven't decided which on yet, I have decided to demo the Orange Alpine 6 E at OnePlanetAdventure at Llandegla forest.

If somebody is free for those dates, you are welcome to come and join me on the ride.

If one of you is so kind to let me try quickly your bike, or just a quick look, maybe I'll be able to take my final decision afterwards, that will be awesome.

Thanks everyone.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I have demo'd that particular bike myself. It had a good ride but it think there might be something wrong with the battery as it doesnt hold as much charge as it should, so be aware of that (this is what the staff at oneplanet told me) it can do most of the route in boost, but on the safe side you might want to save a little for the climbs at the end.

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
Nice one. The bike is coming from orange and hadboay extra for that. So hopefully the bike will be spot on. When did you demo the bike ?

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
It was great, really enjoyed it. Though to clarify this was the first ebike I had a chance to ride properly so I would of probably thought the same with any of the current crop of ebikes.

The one thing I didn't think to check at the time was how easy it is to remove the battery. With not having to charge it myself it didn't occur to me that it might not be a easy job to get the battery out. To be fair i still don't know how the orange battery is removed, but from talking to orange staff if i wanted a spare they would have to add part of the frame to any spare battery so it could be swapped.
Having had the use of a ebike where i did get to charge it myself, anything without a easily removable battery is definitive negative.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
I don't have one at the moment but i have had access to a pivot shuttle for the last few months. good bike but the battery wasnt the easiest to get out with 6 external bolts and two internal. I ended up not taking it out as it was that much of a faff, especially after a long ride when i was exhausted.

lucacocomazzi

Dec 23, 2018
Bolton - UK
I don't have one at the moment but i have had access to a pivot shuttle for the last few months. good bike but the battery wasnt the easiest to get out with 6 external bolts and two internal. I ended up not taking it out as it was that much of a faff, especially after a long ride when i was exhausted.
I see. So even the pivot shuttle has 6 bolts to remove the battery, not ideally then.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
It was the bikes biggest flaw. take 6 bolts our then hold the battery in one hand and undo another two to release it from its tray (which is sort of dangling at this point) before you can unplug it and remove it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles