Ride control

StevieG

Jun 10, 2019
lancashire
It is very annoying that it doesn't connect first time, Iv'e found if you keep disconnecting then re-connecting it will eventually connect. To be honest the only thing you need to connect for is updating software and checking the exact battery level.

MacManx

May 18, 2020
Isle of Man
Just had a new speed control sensor fitted and now the app won’t connect to the bike. I’ve uninstalled and installed it several times, tried all the above and it still won’t pair the bike to the app.
Any suggestions? The bike is a 2019 Trance E+ SX Pro.

Last edited:

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Just had a new speed control sensor fitted and now the bike won’t connect to the bike. I’ve uninstalled and installed it several times, tried all the above and it still won’t pair the bike to the app.
Any suggestions? The bike is a 2019 Trance E+ SX Pro.
I just uninstalled latest app, disabled auto updates on ph, then installed older 1.4.2 app and can connect to my 19 e+1 again, bottom of page is older versions of app, be sure auto update is off before opening app or it will try to update to latest app that doesn't work properly.

MacManx

May 18, 2020
Isle of Man
I just uninstalled latest app, disabled auto updates on ph, then installed older 1.4.2 app and can connect to my 19 e+1 again, bottom of page is older versions of app, be sure auto update is off before opening app or it will try to update to latest app that doesn't work properly.
Hi Tony
Thanks for the info, I’ve installed version 1.4.2. and it’s still not connecting. It picks up the bike when I scan for connections, just won’t pair. I only want to connect so I can alter the power settings, not bothered about any of the other functions as I’ve paired the bike with my Garmin 520 which shows me the exact amount of battery remaining, power level and also maps my ride.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
My bike had an updated ride controller on the handle bar (Giant Trance E Pro 3) last month under warranty, this connects a whole lot better now.

Captmike101

May 13, 2020
Gardnerville, NV
I am very disgusted with Giant and their choice to ignore all the problems with this app and its functionality. My primary motivation for purchasing my Stance EMTB was the inclusion and marketing of the App instead of a full function computer on the handlebar such as all the competitive bike companies provide. My dealer has hit a dead end on this matter after exhaustive efforts to get support from Giant. I have tried to call and left messages, emails and a certified letter to corporate as well without even one word of response.
I feel all who are dissatisfied with the system should band together and seek a resolution via any and all means available to us as consumers.
All replies on this matter are welcome.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles