Ride control settings

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Hi just wondering what setting you have on your ride control on the sx pro mine are on the factory settings still have you changed yours?

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I'm a few months in now and have not really felt the need to change from the standard settings, it seems to cover what I need.
I have considered backing them off a little to extend battery life but I haven't had the need to yet.

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
I'm a few months in now and have not really felt the need to change from the standard settings, it seems to cover what I need.
I have considered backing them off a little to extend battery life but I haven't had the need to yet.
Cheers Rob what sort of range are you getting on the original settings? i can get about 30 miles tops with 2300 feet of climbing.

JandeMan

Dec 26, 2018
netherlands
These are mine settings on a Trance E+0
Most of the time I use the Active . Thats why I put it on 175% . Original 175% is the basic stand.
But now I have the benefit to get support with higher cadance. :)
For Basic 150% is more than fine

RideControl.jpg

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I don't understand why Yamaha have not implemented an adaptive mode a la Bosch EMTB or Shimano Trail modes - they have all the sensors needed to do it, and this could simplify the experience for those that prefer less modes. Very strange.

Last edited:

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Cheers Rob what sort of range are you getting on the original settings? i can get about 30 miles tops with 2300 feet of climbing.

I am not keeping a detailed record of this stuff however according to my RideControl, from my last full battery charge I did 53.3km (33 miles) with 3307ft of climbing and had 9% battery left. I weight a touch under 80Kg (approx 12½ stone).

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I've wound eco back to 50 % , basic at 125 %, active 175% then left power / sport untouched.

Same rationale as Jandeman - higher cadence support but sensible levels of assistance when needed, but also an option of eco really being eco.

Using this , I managed to only use 49% of my power on a 50 km ride with 1 km ascent / 2 km drop ( mt buller epic) - using eco for the down hill / flat stuff and basic for uphill - then slipping into sport for anything technical ( and the last 10 k where I knew I had heaps of range left) .

Ps - Having ridden a bosch in trail mode back to back with the giant, I very much prefer the giant - boost is predictable and can be adjusted by the rider to suit terrain / style. The bosch feels like riding with an elastic band.

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
I've wound eco back to 50 % , basic at 125 %, active 175% then left power / sport untouched.

Same rationale as Jandeman - higher cadence support but sensible levels of assistance when needed, but also an option of eco really being eco.

Using this , I managed to only use 49% of my power on a 50 km ride with 1 km ascent / 2 km drop ( mt buller epic) - using eco for the down hill / flat stuff and basic for uphill - then slipping into sport for anything technical ( and the last 10 k where I knew I had heaps of range left) .

Ps - Having ridden a bosch in trail mode back to back with the giant, I very much prefer the giant - boost is predictable and can be adjusted by the rider to suit terrain / style. The bosch feels like riding with an elastic band.
Thanks for that i will try these settings on my next outing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles