Ride Control One App won't upload rides

G'day from the Great White North.

I've been having a ball with my 2020 Trance E+ 2 for the past week or so having upgraded from an "acoustic" Trance 2. I installed the app and upgraded the firmware on the bike before I even rode it. I recorded several rides successfully, the app "uploads" the data somewhere (is it accessible on from a PC over the web?) and I can call up the details of those rides. In the app, I renamed the bike and now my rides don't upload. I can't say if there is a definite cause/effect relationship there, but now when I finish a ride I get a message that says "Activity Upload Failed. Please try again." Has anyone run into this and solved it? Is there support for this app? I can't seem to find any contact info.

Thanks for your time - ride on!

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I did a ride this morning and it won't upload. First time it's happened to me. Uploaded fine a few days ago. I presume there is something wrong on the server end. See if it sorts itself out tomorrow.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
G'day from the Great White North.

I've been having a ball with my 2020 Trance E+ 2 for the past week or so having upgraded from an "acoustic" Trance 2. I installed the app and upgraded the firmware on the bike before I even rode it. I recorded several rides successfully, the app "uploads" the data somewhere (is it accessible on from a PC over the web?) and I can call up the details of those rides. In the app, I renamed the bike and now my rides don't upload. I can't say if there is a definite cause/effect relationship there, but now when I finish a ride I get a message that says "Activity Upload Failed. Please try again." Has anyone run into this and solved it? Is there support for this app? I can't seem to find any contact info.

Thanks for your time - ride on!
After I got my bike in March 2019 it did this just about every ride for months, until an update to the app fixed it.

The only bit of information it records which is correct is the distance. The altitude and other bits of information are totally inacurate (if I do a ride with 500ft of ascent measured on the map and on my garmin 520 plus, the app records it as something like 23ft!).

For the last few weeks the map has disappeared.

It is well known that the Giant app is a total waste of time, except for the battery% and the ability to change the assistance levels.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
To be honest, you'd be better to record your rides with something like Strava. I've found the app is a massive battery drain.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Went for a ride this morning and it uploaded fine. I selected the one which previously failed to upload and that one went up fine this time so I presume it was a problem on their server side before.

I use the app for the same reason, see how much battery I use so I can predict just how far I can go on one battery charge. This morning I managed 32 miles on 74% battery. Undulating as opposed to monster hills. Used level 1 (set at 50%) on road for half the ride and level 2 (set at 125%) for the off-road half.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
My app records my bike doing 16 kph whilst on its stand! I burn loads of calories staring at my bike on its stand according to the app! What a load of shyt! The sytem doctor even tells me the ride control is fine. Even though it was stuck in eco and needed replacing!!

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
I've found that if the internet connection changes, the app won't update.

e.g. If you're on Mobile Data during the ride, if you then connect to wifi back at home, it wont upload the ride.

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
the ride control app was due to be replaced this month apparently, the current one is useless for recording rides or even viewing battery usage in real time. My speed is always recorded at 26kph even when I'm stopped at the traffic lights, my battery usage is always 0%, which is amazing given the speed I'm supposed to be going even on the steep ascents. Other than checking the battery level or changing the power levels its useless.

Elwood

Aug 22, 2020
Auckland
Giant have released v2 of the Ride control App. Unfortunately it is not an improvement.
Summary - Worse UI - Colour, Poor English , bike connection problematic, Worse navigation (text colour, off- course recalc, sent me long 12min ride instead 6min reverse ). Removed HRM function. Strava uploads failing. Minor irratic information displays (Above 10kph no decimal place. Odometer , battery health, range calculation 25% higher )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles