Ride Control Functionality and lack of information

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
I found the Ride Control app lacks a proper manual. Normally it's not an issue to figure these things out and this app doesn't have too much functionality in any case, but there are some potentially useful functionality that I need some more info about.

The goals option for instance can be set for distance, duration, heart rate or time. There is no instructions available on what these goals contribute. I particularly want to know what will happen when I set a heart rate goal. What I would like and what it is doing might be 2 totally different things. I would like the bike to provide me with more support one I reach the upper limit of my heart rate and reduce the sorry when I'm below my heart rate threshold. I could test it but it would've been really nice if they just explained how it works. Somehow I think it's not going to do that but just give me a warning to speed up or show down. Has anybody tested this or any of the other functionalities yet?

I know most people, including me don't use the app for recording their rides for various reasons, including not least reliability of the app.

It does seem however that the quality of the app has steadily improved at least on Android and on the 2019 and older bikes. I see there are still issues with the 2020 bikes.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
I've just used the app for the first time in 6 month after seeing the app update on my phone.
The app has been hit and miss since its first release and as you say, using it to record rides is a gamble.
The upgrade firmware for the motor installed without a hitch, which was a massive relief as I was half expecting it to brick the bike.
Time will tell as to the improvements in the apps recording reliability.
On the information side the app is woefully lacking!
Giant please update the app to tell us how many miles we've done, its a standard isn't it?!

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
I found that fully deleting the app on iPhone & then reinstalling fresh solved lots of problems. Also, start the app THEN power up the bike. Stance e-2 2020 & iPhone.

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
The old app was working okay on Android but took a long time to find the controller. I eventually found out of I select rides and then go back to bike it would find the controller almost immediately.

After the upgrade no problems. I just find the information on functionality really crappy. I'm going on a ride today where I'll be testing the heart rate goals to see if it adjusts motor levels to keep heart rate within set boundaries.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles