Rhain E-MTB.Co

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
**Admin move if needed**

Hi everyone,

My name is Jackson the owner of Rhain E-MTB.Cobased in Brisbane, Australia. We are a very small business (2 people) who will be building our own designed E-MTB's starting December this year. Our whole aim is to bring the cost down sub 5.5k but still provide quality componentry. Some quick specs on our first model which is still a prototype at this stage. 150mm travel front and up to 200mm rear which we will refine after testing. 27.5 front and rear, Bafang M500 mid drive motor paired with a integrated/in-frame 525wh battery, dropper post as standard. Once our frames arrive we will be hosting multiple demo days. We are always open for ideas on what you guys would like to see from e-bikes and we are super keen to get started. We have an Instagram page we just opened @rhain_emtb.co and our website should be up and running by the end of next week

Cheers guys,

Jackson

Last edited:

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
@rhain_emtb.co

The logo is nice (would be a good headbadge), but the font is a bit meh. It could do with some more impact e.g.
1600388777704.png

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
**Admin move if needed**

Hi everyone,

My name is Jackson the owner of Rhain E-MTB.Cobased in Brisbane, Australia. We are a very small business (2 people) who will be building our own designed E-MTB's starting December this year. Our whole aim is to bring the cost down sub 5.5k but still provide quality componentry. Some quick specs on our first model which is still a prototype at this stage. 150mm travel front and up to 200mm rear which we will refine after testing. 27.5 front and rear, Bafang M500 mid drive motor paired with a integrated/in-frame 525wh battery, dropper post as standard. Once our frames arrive we will be hosting multiple demo days. We are always open for ideas on what you guys would like to see from e-bikes and we are super keen to get started. We have an Instagram page we just opened @reign_emtb.co and our website should be up and running by the end of next week

Cheers guys,

Jackson
Good luck. Looks very nice! You have your ig username posted incorrect though

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
Good luck. Looks very nice! You have your ig username posted incorrect though
Thanks for you input guys. Once you see the writing on the frame you will like it. We are playing around with what would like better and the bold italic is a strong contender. I would blame autocorrect but a few late nights got the better of me.
Cheers

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thanks for you input guys. Once you see the writing on the frame you will like it. We are playing around with what would like better and the bold italic is a strong contender. I would blame autocorrect but a few late nights got the better of me.
Cheers
No doubt. Sleep is overrated. Atleast you didnt misstype it as @epicallez_mtb.co ?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Best of luck with your new business. In what way would you entice buyers towards your bikes away from more established brands? Are you going on pricepoint only or are you going for some out-there designs? We have a local manufacturer over here in NZ that appeals to the market (usually oldies) by offering carbon fibre commuter bikes that are supposedly lighter to manhandle.
I think a better way of marketing bikes with bafang motors would be simply to change the name to something that doesn't sound like it is going to explode!
Looking forward to seeing some of your bikes out there. If you want someone to product test on hills ( we know you don't have any over there) then feel free to send one over & I'll do my best to give it death.

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
Best of luck with your new business. In what way would you entice buyers towards your bikes away from more established brands? Are you going on pricepoint only or are you going for some out-there designs? We have a local manufacturer over here in NZ that appeals to the market (usually oldies) by offering carbon fibre commuter bikes that are supposedly lighter to manhandle.
I think a better way of marketing bikes with bafang motors would be simply to change the name to something that doesn't sound like it is going to explode!
Looking forward to seeing some of your bikes out there. If you want someone to product test on hills ( we know you don't have any over there) then feel free to send one over & I'll do my best to give it death.
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply.

Price point is a factor yes and also components we are including on the bike as standard for the price we will be offering which could make us more appealing. We have the prototype frame made which is aluminium but we do have a carbon one in the works also but that will be a little down the track. I will update this post with frame pictures soon.

We have a few social media reviewers lined up already and we will be filming and smashing the prototype as hard as we can to prove our worth. We will be offering take home demo's, demo days you name it. We are up for the challenge and seeing people on our bikes on the trails will give us the greatest satisfaction.

Cheers,

Jackson

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
***Quick little update***

I've been overwhelmed with enquires left right and centre and haven't had much chance to get much done but I got a little insight into our tentative choice of specs..

Fork: E-Bike ready SR Suntour Zeron 150mm Travel with 35mm stanchions
Shock: Rockshox Deluxe Select+ 205mmx57.5mm
Brakes: Tektro HD-M745, 4 piston brakes with 203mm rotors front and rear
Groupset: Shimano SLX 11-50T
Seatpost: X-Fusion Manic with 150mm travel

At the moment we are sitting at a tick over 20kg on a full built bike just going on manufacturers weight.

More to come...

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
***Another small update***

Thanks for following our progress and offering feedback it's greatly appreciated!

After reviewing our specs from your guy's feedback and locals at the trails we have changed some specs slightly.
We've worked with our manufacturer and have managed to squeeze in a bit more battery to bring it up to just over 600wh and have also swapped out the front SR Suntour fork to a Rockshox Gold 35 160mm travel. Rear shock stays the same. We struck a deal to run a Sram NX/GX Eagle groupset also.

Happy Trails!

Rhain E-MTB.Co

Sep 16, 2020
Brisbane
***Afternoon update/backstory***

Long post I'm sorry

When I originally started this I wanted the bikes built from carbon and every manufacturer knocked me back or charged insane amounts of money to produce. So I was destined for alloy (as of starting this thread) as it is a lot cheaper to produce but heavier and turned out to be 3 month lead time on manufacturing which was really bugging me! I just happened to be going through some enquiries and had an email from another carbon manufacturer just this morning saying to give me a call so I did, not thinking much of it and after a good hour chat discussing design, costs and what not they who jumped on board even though I am only small time and that didn't bother them! F@$% yes! I am thrilled with this outcome and they manufacture on a monthly basis which works out way better than 3 months!

Anyways enough of that! Obviously having the bike made from carbon there is a price increase but comparing to other manufacturers who offer carbon e-mtb's we are well below on price for our carbon bike. All specs from before are carried over except the swapping to the Rockshox fork from the SR Suntour, SRAM GX/NX Eagle groupset and have also swapped out the X-fusion dropper to a KS dropper, 29er front and 27.5+ rear.

I will hopefully have some pictures in the next few weeks of progress! We are still aiming for that first quarter of 2021 to launch.

Time for a beer I think!

Cheers guys!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles