Revonte motor/gearbox

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
We've seen teasers about this before, it is starting to look viable. Not much of a gear range compared to Eagle, but it's still ridable, especially with those peak numbers and torque. You can program in as many gear steps as you'd like, interesting....

"The drive unit weighs 4.7kg and provides 250W continuously up to a maximum of 1,500W with 90Nm of torque. There's a 416% gear range at 60rpm. The battery comes in at 3.98kg. "

Nick van winkle

Jun 24, 2020
Germany
I find it really innovative idea.

Emtb. The addiction of mtb only turbo-charged. How positive is that! And it's only the beginning.

How close are we getting to the point where mountain biking component companies will start developing emtb specific parts.
After going through 4 chains in a year, i mean apart from a huge amount of unnecessary waste to the planet do we really need 12 gears or would you go for 10 if it ran for 5000km before changing out. I know what I would go for.

Will EMTB’s start distancing themselves from their lighter Cousins.
Yes they come from the same DNA but will bike manufacturers start questioning the performance of component parts that need to be replaced that were originally designed on an "Analog" platform. Is it acceptable to burn out parts in 3-6 months.
I'm not sure it would be accepted as normal in other sports so should we start taking this as normal in the EMTB world.

Wonder which major bike company will jump on first. Or a new comer. Honda?
The idea is a game changer.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I find it really innovative idea.

Emtb. The addiction of mtb only turbo-charged. How positive is that! And it's only the beginning.

How close are we getting to the point where mountain biking component companies will start developing emtb specific parts.
After going through 4 chains in a year, i mean apart from a huge amount of unnecessary waste to the planet do we really need 12 gears or would you go for 10 if it ran for 5000km before changing out. I know what I would go for.

Will EMTB’s start distancing themselves from their lighter Cousins.
Yes they come from the same DNA but will bike manufacturers start questioning the performance of component parts that need to be replaced that were originally designed on an "Analog" platform. Is it acceptable to burn out parts in 3-6 months.
I'm not sure it would be accepted as normal in other sports so should we start taking this as normal in the EMTB world.

The idea is a game changer.
Just getting the motors to be reliable and longer lived would be an awesome start.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
A Honda electro gearbox bike will surely happen maybe even CVT. Okay maybe not surely but hopefully for sure.

honda-rn01.jpg
Honda RN01-1.jpg
Honda-RN01-2-2.jpg
Honda-RN01-3-3.jpg
Honda-RN01-4.jpg

Reactions: EME

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Tunturi's first HT bike with Revonte motor and gearbox:

Size: 47 cm, 52 cm
Motor Revonte One
Battery 36V, 17,65Ah/635Wh
Frame Aluminium
Fork RockShox FS35 Gold 120mm
Frontbrake Shimano MT-501 hydraulic brakes
Tires Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29x2.35 (60-622)
Colors Mattegrey/Orange

5899 euros.

Maybe a bit pricey for HT bike?

2021-TUNTURI-R29.png

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Interesting to watch that. I think there’s a lot of innovation to come in this area of combined motor/gearbox.

I’m surprised they went with a hard tail, as I’d have thought the big reduction of unsprung weight from the rear end (cassette, derailleur, big hub, cable, longer chain) would be worth a huge amount from the handling and responsiveness perspective. Mass centralisation and all that good stuff.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I wonder if there is an issue with suspension kinematics effects on chain line/pedal kickback etc on the gearbox that they need to work out

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles