Revelation Fork on the Turbo Levo

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
I actually bought the debon upgrade, disassembled the fork just to find the exact same part already installed. ?

The 2019 Levos come with the debonair version.

After running it through shockwiz, I'm very happy with it.

Hi Vilt,

Big surprise but very good to know as I was also thinking of this upgrade. ?

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Many experts consider the 2018/19 Pike the absolute best all-round Rockshox fork unless you need more than 160 mm travel. Upgrading to Pike only cost a fraction compared to a Lyrik and honestly it is not that much better but a bit heavier.
Sounds cool. So, for the Rev fork that comes with 2018 Levo Comp do I only need the Charger 2 upgrade? Or do I also need to purchase Debonair upgrade like this: RockShox Debon Air Upgrade Kit for Pike B1/Revelation A1 (2018+)

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Just checked this morning and my 2018 comp has debonair fitted as standard, there is a label on top of the lower stantion showing models and internals.
I beleive it's an old version debonair. I have 2018 Comp and tried searching available upgrades on site using my fork SN - it featured a newer Debonair spring (red coloured seal body) which should be more responsive on small bumps due to bigger negative chamber>

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
new LEVOer and also considering upgrading my 2019 REVs.
torn between damper upgrade (charger 2 rc2/rct3) + debonair 160mm @ approx. 180eur,
or just hitting a pike rct3 debonair 160mm @approx. 500eur, minus 250-300eur sale value of the brand new revelation.

also considered lyrik select found cheap, but as far as i understand - the damper is the exact same thing as my current revelation, so its not really upgrading anything other that the decals (ok, some stiffness is gained)

which way would you go?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Edit: After writing this, I realize that Rev is the same as Pike. Sorry

Riding an emtb, I should keep the Rev. I think it's the same as Lyrik, just change the damper.

"While the Lyrik might look similar to the Pike - it does share the same 35mm diameter upper legs - but it's made for much more aggressive riding, with a beefed up, stiffer and accordingly heavier chassis".

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ref my post No #13, I added that I finally got around to removing the single token fitted as standard by Rockshox. While the fork was always smooth, it seemed reluctant to use more of its travel. Removal of that token allowed the fork to move deeper into its travel and I'm very happy with it. Currently I don't feel the need to add a charger damper.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
new LEVOer and also considering upgrading my 2019 REVs.
torn between damper upgrade (charger 2 rc2/rct3) + debonair 160mm @ approx. 180eur,
or just hitting a pike rct3 debonair 160mm @approx. 500eur, minus 250-300eur sale value of the brand new revelation.

also considered lyrik select found cheap, but as far as i understand - the damper is the exact same thing as my current revelation, so its not really upgrading anything other that the decals (ok, some stiffness is gained)

which way would you go?
I’ve been pondering upgrading my forks, though via the cheaper Yari route (basically a lyric select), yet my shockwiz say the std Rev is working well for my riding, & I’m not finding any issues with its performance. So do we just have a case of upgrad-itus & instead should just get out and ride what we’re already got?

..if I had the cash I’d get Yari’s & upgrade them, but I’m probably going to just change my travel for now

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
I’ve been pondering upgrading my forks, though via the cheaper Yari route (basically a lyric select), yet my shockwiz say the std Rev is working well for my riding, & I’m not finding any issues with its performance. So do we just have a case of upgrad-itus & instead should just get out and ride what we’re already got?

..if I had the cash I’d get Yari’s & upgrade them, but I’m probably going to just change my travel for now

Fork was ok but could not stand the damper squelch sound.

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
Fork was ok but could not stand the damper squelch sound.
i was worried about that sound too. never had a RS fork make that "squishh" sound before. so is that normal operation sound or is mine faulty? (which might explain some of its behavior..)

DanDilla

Jun 11, 2018
Germany
if you just look at the mechanics / what’s happening inside it should make Clear such a sound does not have to be a fault in any case, but it can.

A Damper works most of the time in a way that you’re moving oil through a valve. When the speed of movement in travel is high, or if there are working different high and low speed settings, depending on your adjustment, you have to squeeze a high amount of oil through a relatively small hole. some Dampers are louder, some make more sound in the compression, some in the rebound, some on both ;)
Generally my experience says with more Damping on the rebound (slower) the squeaking goes away. Every time I ‚fixed‘ this at someone’s bike they never even touched the adjuster before and must have been jumping like a rabbit over Rocks and Wood.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles