Levo Gen 2 Replacement motor. 2.1 or 2.2?

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Some where on Facebook I read that you will get a 2.2 motor as replacement, on 19/20/21 Levo.
Can someone confirm that?

Dealer asked for a new motor last week, and hoping to have it this week.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
2.2 motor is just 2.1 motor with latest rolling changes/improvements, so yes, all new motors should be 2.2 ...

Last edited:

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
2.2. motor is just 2.1 motor with latest rolling changes/improvements, so yes, all new motors should be 2.2 ...

Yes I know its the same but with improvements. But a friend told my the fitment wasn't the same. Hope its a 2.2.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
But a friend told my the fitment wasn't the same
They're probably getting confused when looking at Levo Gen3's because the charging port/battery connector is different. This is just because the Gen3 uses a different bash guard (same battery) with a flap/door attached and the Gen3 uses a different cable from the motor to the battery/charge port. The actual motor is exactly the same - apart from Marketing deciding it would be a good idea to call it a 2.2 now with no specified date or serial number changes (some unknown date after July 2020). If you like we can call it a 2.whatever month it is - then people will feel the need to buy a new bike each month to have the latest and greatest.

Eunoterpsia

Jan 17, 2022
Spanish Springs, NV
This may be a very dumb question but here goes...

Is it possible to order the 2.2 housing that the motor sits in so we could get the bash guard with a flap/door and cable from the motor to the battery/charge port?

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
They're probably getting confused when looking at Levo Gen3's because the charging port/battery connector is different. This is just because the Gen3 uses a different bash guard (same battery) with a flap/door attached and the Gen3 uses a different cable from the motor to the battery/charge port. The actual motor is exactly the same - apart from Marketing deciding it would be a good idea to call it a 2.2 now with no specified date or serial number changes (some unknown date after July 2020). If you like we can call it a 2.whatever month it is - then people will feel the need to buy a new bike each month to have the latest and greatest.

Is the 2.2 not the serial numbers starting 200?

My Gen2 just had a new motor and has one of the new serial numbers wheras the old motor serial no. started 100.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is the 2.2 not the serial numbers starting 200?

My Gen2 just had a new motor and has one of the new serial numbers wheras the old motor serial no. started 100.
We tried to find some pattern to the numbers early on with the gen3 bikes, but other than production dates after July/August, at the time there wasn't any. At some point I guess they've started numbering them 200 - makes life easier ! As far as we know, they shouldn't be any different to any made after July/August 2020. We're not aware of any other changes they've made to them.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
We tried to find some pattern to the numbers early on with the gen3 bikes, but other than production dates after July/August, at the time there wasn't any. At some point I guess they've started numbering them 200 - makes life easier ! As far as we know, they shouldn't be any different to any made after July/August 2020. We're not aware of any other changes they've made to them.

I have been reliably informed that motors no’s starting with a 200 are a new updated motor. I have no idea what those updates are though.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Based on above, SN E01680-100210304-1-5060 is 2.1 motor?

This is coming from a new in box 2022 Gen3 S-Works Frame only.

Looks like a build date of March 2021 which is prior to all the hardware updates (now called 2.2) being applied.

It could have been rebuilt with newer components and then fitted to the bike though, dont quote me on that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles