Replacement bike here!

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Well picked up my new stance today ( only took other one in 4 days ago) !! ..a couple of differences on new bike and when i take it in for its 6 week check there gonna fit the latest mk3 controller which hadnt been released yet!! This is supposedly the most watertight controller Giant has been working on alltho my other bikes controller was fine... bike kept repeatedly cutting out and threw a motor fault but my dealer pushed for a completely new bike ( had other one 3 months and 700 miles)... happy days for now lol

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
I've had to have a new controller fitted due to refusing power off. Did it for 3 days then went right. The new controller did the same after fitting it but sorted its self out after a few hours. I've had the bike 5-6 weeks.

Reactions: AJR

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
I've had to have a new controller fitted due to refusing power off. Did it for 3 days then went right. The new controller did the same after fitting it but sorted its self out after a few hours. I've had the bike 5-6 weeks.
Your controller is a mk2... mk3’s aint released yet..the mk3 will be totally waterproof

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Both controllers more or less did it on the first ride but then went right and tbh I'd gone out after they'd sorted themselves out in bad wet conditions and had no issues. Was thinking it may be moisture left inside after sealing. I'm hoping it'll be OK going forward.
The thing bugging me at moment is the battery chipping paint we're it plugs in. Time to find a nail varnish match.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
My bikes the same won't switch off so lbs have ordered a new controller
My first one that had this fault lasted 3 days but then was fine, had a new one put on and did it again on first ride, only lasted 3 hours before being OK. Not had any incidents since, touch wood.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
My first one that had this fault lasted 3 days but then was fine, had a new one put on and did it again on first ride, only lasted 3 hours before being OK. Not had any incidents since, touch wood.
Kiss of death, rode home today in the rain and switched itself on tonight!

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Well picked up my new stance today ( only took other one in 4 days ago) !! ..a couple of differences on new bike and when i take it in for its 6 week check there gonna fit the latest mk3 controller which hadnt been released yet!! This is supposedly the most watertight controller Giant has been working on alltho my other bikes controller was fine... bike kept repeatedly cutting out and threw a motor fault but my dealer pushed for a completely new bike ( had other one 3 months and 700 miles)... happy days for now lol

Been told the same, giant aware of the controller issue. Mines not being turning off for two weeks now. Mk3 controller coming into dealer soon so hopefully sorted after that.

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Same here LBS have old me theynare waiting for the mark 3 model, i have tried running the battery right down but it doesn't work on mine

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Same here LBS have old me theynare waiting for the mark 3 model, i have tried running the battery right down but it doesn't work on mine
The old controller only was faulty for 3 days, this newer one ended being worse. I've also drained the battery down, had the hairdryer on it etc. At least giant are taking action.

steve06

Feb 26, 2019
uk
E+ sx Trance, mines ready to be picked up with new switch, less than an hour to do, i told them to look at the battery fitment as it doesn't look square in its housing, sticking out a good few mill at the top where it snaps shut

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Just got the bike back with the mk3 controller on looks identical to the mk2 apparently it is all sealed inside now the dealer said when the mk4 comes in he will let me know and put it on.
I must say that Peddlers are there straight away i honestly can't fault there service and friendlyness

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Just got the bike back with the mk3 controller on looks identical to the mk2 apparently it is all sealed inside now the dealer said when the mk4 comes in he will let me know and put it on.
I must say that Peddlers are there straight away i honestly can't fault there service and friendlyness
The mk3 must have faults if there bringing a mk4 out. Why bother fitting bike a mk3 if it isn't right.
I'm taking mine today and will see what they say.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Had my mk3 fitted today looks exactly like mk2’ told its sealed better?? But then ive had no issues with mine unless turning off was a controller issue!!! Mechanic knew nothing about a mk4 neither

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Had my mk3 fitted today looks exactly like mk2’ told its sealed better?? But then ive had no issues with mine unless turning off was a controller issue!!! Mechanic knew nothing about a mk4 neither
Mines getting done at moment. Mechanic also said he knows nothing about a mk4.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles