Mission Control RELEASE OF OVER THE AIR UPDATES FOR LEVO / KENEVO GEN 2 BIKES

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
Anyone having issues with the new firmware?

It should increase power output when stage of charge is below 15%. However in my case it looks that the whole system just shut down when this happens and for a while I can't even turn the bike on.

Battery health reported by mission control is 100% and this happened to me twice since I updated the bike. It did not happen before.
Yes! I just did a ride on my '20 and the speed limited has been reduced from 20mph and stuck at 16mph. I am in the US. The circumference app is 88.78 Inches. I do not recall what it was, but the bike is definitely stuck at 16mph. (per my Garmin that only uses satellites)
@Specialized Rider Care , is this something I can fix without taking the bikes to the shop? (I have 2 that I updated)

christophorus

Jun 13, 2020
Minneapolis
Am I the only one that managed to brick their bike doing the update?

Update via Android phone failed to finish. Was getting a flashing code until I reset the TCU. No more flashing code, but the app's System Status says to bring the bike in for service. After reconnecting the battery the bike will give you about half a second of boost and that's it.

It's at the local bike shop now. Hoping they can figure it out. I wasn't having any issues with the bike beforehand so really regretting even attempting to do the update.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I upgraded my Levo‘s motor firmware 7.4.1->7.4.2 after my ride today...no issues updating with my iPhone 11 IOS 14.4.1 and MC 2.4.5.

Fluffymoose

Apr 28, 2020
Norway
Hi!

Tried updating my 2020 Levo and I ran into connectivity issues. The Bluetooth keeps dropping, so updates are not completing. Had issues with this since I got the bike, keep having to disable Bluetooth on my iPhone and rebooting the tcu, then 1 out of 4 times it will reconnect. Before I can get to tuning screen for instance, connection drops again, and the Connect Disconnect cycle kreps on repeating.

Seems at last the tcu was updated and has latest version According to app (even though during update connection was lost and a message said update failed..) the motor firmware however I am unable to apply.. as connection issues are blocking progress again, might just need to take it up wit my Local LBS (concept store).

I take it that the bluetooth connection should be more stable in usage, or maybe not ?

iphone 11 Max - latest iOS version

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
In case of BT connectivity issues, like dropping/reconnect during the update procees, try to disable some apps that use BT for this time.
I had that kind of issues with the Corona Warn App on my Android mobile when doing OTA updates for my Levo.

happi777

Nov 17, 2020
singapore
Thank God for this UPGRADE (7.4.2) It pull me out of misery from the last Failure upgrade due to Bluetooth connection drop.
The most obvious difference is the Walk Mode is much faster with power.

CBA

Feb 20, 2021
Danmark
How can I know if my bike is MY19-21?

FFB6921D-4402-4541-AF72-F44926F9468B.png

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Hi!

Tried updating my 2020 Levo and I ran into connectivity issues. The Bluetooth keeps dropping, so updates are not completing. Had issues with this since I got the bike, keep having to disable Bluetooth on my iPhone and rebooting the tcu, then 1 out of 4 times it will reconnect. Before I can get to tuning screen for instance, connection drops again, and the Connect Disconnect cycle kreps on repeating.

Seems at last the tcu was updated and has latest version According to app (even though during update connection was lost and a message said update failed..) the motor firmware however I am unable to apply.. as connection issues are blocking progress again, might just need to take it up wit my Local LBS (concept store).

I take it that the bluetooth connection should be more stable in usage, or maybe not ?

iphone 11 Max - latest iOS version
i had to delete and then reinstall mission control to get it working better

Binzer

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
Same as others,, getting to about 10-15% then disconnects. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but same keeps happening. Any other ideas ? Thanks

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Same as others,, getting to about 10-15% then disconnects. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but same keeps happening. Any other ideas ? Thanks

Sorry to hear - almost certainly another background app causing this disconnect. Many other riders have commented that disabling Covid tracking apps solved their issues?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi. I dont have a covid tracking app installed. Any other thoughts
Make sure the phone is near the bike. Make sure there's nothing else 2.4ghz transmitting near (seen as you're having an issue), wifi cameras, cordless phones, Microwave oven running (yes, really).

Close every other app on your phone. Make sure your phone stays awake and there's no obscure power save settings in place.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
We have two 2019 Levo's bought from Chris at Berkshire but I live in York and it's a long trip to get the update, am I ok just leaving them without doing the update as they are working perfectly at the moment and I am thinking why risk it as I just know if I update the app the bikes will develop problems! Any advice much appreciated as I am so nervous about doing it.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Don’t be so nervous dude , get the app and get in uploaded ! Very easy , took me about 2mins !

Really! I was going to take the bikes back to Chris at Berkshire but it's a 9 hour round trip and the update was playing up so he said hang on with it, so am i right in thinking this update can now be done by updating the app from the play store? What does it improve as our bikes are working perfectly well :)

Andy

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If there’s no update function on your mission control app , delete and reinstall it . Then you should be able to update bike , it take a few minutes and is supposed to help battery life at low charge and definitely fixes walk assist ?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
If there’s no update function on your mission control app , delete and reinstall it . Then you should be able to update bike , it take a few minutes and is supposed to help battery life at low charge and definitely fixes walk assist ?

Thanks but I think I will leave it alone as mine isn't restricted and no doubt that would change with the update!

Mrloseth

Mar 7, 2019
norway
After 200km i have only one bad thing to say about my first specialized levo comp 2021.. the walk mode is the worst i ever tried.. have owned 6 other e bike in the past but this walk mode gives me headache .
The last update was going to give a shorter wait time before it activate.. but att a
Steep hill and i press the button, i can almost take a nap before i have full walk
Power. ?
Other than that this is awsome.! Loong range compared to my other bike’s..
Someone can do better than this?

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
DId that today, turned off NHS Covid tracker first. Updated no problems in just a few mins. Much better than last time.
Loads have siad it already but to reiterate UK OWNERS - TURN OFF NHS CONTRACT TRACING FIRST.
The NHS app gives you a 4 hour reminder if you forgot to turn it back on after too.

Justarider

Apr 6, 2021
California
Fellas I have 2020 kenevo comp and have a few issues. Sometimes when I turn it on the motor wont engage. This has happened 3 times now. Also, crank does dont freewheel and feels stuck for a few then releases. Is this something I should be worried about. No power issue’s yet and I ride pretty aggressive.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Fellas I have 2020 kenevo comp and have a few issues. Sometimes when I turn it on the motor wont engage. This has happened 3 times now. Also, crank does dont freewheel and feels stuck for a few then releases. Is this something I should be worried about. No power issue’s yet and I ride pretty aggressive.
Put this to the right forum thread and you get help easier.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I just checked it on my bicycle. Unfortunately it's not possible to downgrade to 7.4.1
I personaly like this feature, but I really think this is something that should be possible to turn on or off by the mission control app!
@Specialized Rider Care : Please pass along that a bunch of us want the ability to select which firmware to load. This means updating to the latest as well as reverting to an earlier version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles