Reign E1+ Pro 2022 - Auto Mode

JensO

Jan 2, 2021
78224 Singen Germany
Hi Guys,
I got my new Reign E1+ Pro 2022 (625Wh) yesterday :).
What I noticed that I no longer come back to the Auto Mode above the control unit (Up or down button longer hold) on the handlebars.
I only come back via the power off button on the frame in Auto Mode.
Is it the same with your bikes?

regards

Jens

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Mhhh, this is the only thing I found about it on this website:

FEATURES OF THE GIANT RIDECONTROL ERGO 3 CONTROL UNIT:
  • Operation of Motor Assist = Up / Down
  • Operation of Smart Assist mode = Up / Down button hold down
  • Operation of push assist = middle button + up button
Still missing the documentation...but I will report back after I've got my bike next week.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just had a quick search for you. There's a few bits in the main thread like here :

Which is pretty much what you found .. :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Can't find any manuals for Ridecontrol Go or the ERGO 3 controller.

However, I did watch one video from Giant explaining that you can have the ERGO 3 on either side of the bars or even run 2 of them.

They said you can configure the buttons using the ridecontrol App - which included options like setting a button to go straight to the smart assist option.......

JensO

Jan 2, 2021
78224 Singen Germany
quick reply from Giant Germany :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Jens,
Thank you very much for your message.

Switching to automatic mode, is only possible via double-click from the "power button".

It is possible to mount a second RC Ergo 3 on the right side on the handlebar.
The middle button selects the automatic mode.

For the future, it is planned that the key commands can be customized via the app. Here it is not yet foreseeable when this feature will be usable.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
After getting an update of the software @ the LBS, the Smart Assist mode can be enabled by pressing either UP or DOWN on the remote for two sconds (y)

Smart Gateway: 20211018000
RidControl GO: 20211102000
SnyDrive Motor: 2020121865

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
What do you mean by "tune the motor"?
De-restricting it to run it over 25km/h?
You know that Giant has an App and what's possible to control with it?
If you're not happy with it you better buy a Shimano

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
What do you mean by "tune the motor"?
De-restricting it to run it over 25km/h?
You know that Giant has an App and what's possible to control with it?
If you're not happy with it you better buy a Shimano
Thank you kindly for your considered response

Screenshot_20211130-085030_RideControl.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I've read elsewhere that sometimes you need to turn off the bike after you changed otor settings.
I haven't faced it myself on any of my Giant bikes. What Software Version is installed on your bike?

Last edited:

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
i'll be reading this thread with some interest. the bike shop i purchased from advised me to skip the app altogether. he said it causes all kinds of problems and the best thing is simply to use the button up or down the 5 power settings.

between the new car i've got and this bike, i've added a huge amount of technology and computerization to my life on top of my desk job and the last thing i need is more screens, so it's advice i'm taking at this point. so far the Giant is quite simple from a tech point of view (i'm more of a suspension set up guy and that's plenty complex on this bike)

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
the bike shop i purchased from advised me to skip the app altogether. he said it causes all kinds of problems and the best thing is simply to use the button up or down the 5 power settings.
When the app was new to market there where indeed some incidences where updates over the air failed or one have to get an update @ the LBS first before the new app could be used. But these are stories from last year with 2019/2020 Bikes, and hence I would say this statement is nowadays nonsense.

Yes, you can run the Giant E-Bikes without any app at all, and this is what like to do unless I need to see the battery level in more detail.

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
i do like the idea of monitoring the battery. is there anything else you use it for? do you alter the power settings or are the 5 standard settings adequate for how you ride? what else does the app do?

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
is there anything else you use it for?
Every now and then I'm checking if there are software updates available and check the stats of the bike. That's it.

do you alter the power settings or are the 5 standard settings adequate for how you ride?
99% of the time I leave it at the default settings. Only if I need to save battery as much as possible, I turn down level 1 and 2 one level.

what else does the app do?
Diagnostics, recording the ride....have a look at Giabts website or the app store to see the list of full features.

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
i do like the idea of monitoring the battery. is there anything else you use it for? do you alter the power settings or are the 5 standard settings adequate for how you ride? what else does the app do?
I've switched the bottom three power settings to minimum, left the fourth as it is, and boosted the top setting to max power.

Logic is that I'll never use the top setting unless I'm trying to accomplish something ridiculous and that I'm otherwise mainly using the bike to self-shuttle, so don't mind pedalling a bit longer at higher cadences in order to get more DH runs in per ride.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Hopefully someone at Giant is monitoring this thread. It's just one of biggest EMTB forums in the world talking about their latest toy.

If something is going to make ppl hesitate on buying it's funky electronics....

JensO

Jan 2, 2021
78224 Singen Germany
Hopefully someone at Giant is monitoring this thread. It's just one of biggest EMTB forums in the world talking about their latest toy.

If something is going to make ppl hesitate on buying it's funky electronics....
I have heard that a new SW version is already available at the Giant dealer. Maybe then also comes soon the update via RideControl App.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles