Reign E+ 2022

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
doesn't look much different. i would guess that if it wasn't pointed out, it would never be noticed. the trail photo is an example of an average stretch of local trails. everything is trying to grab your drivetrain. it would be rare to make it through an entire ride without stopping to remove vegetation from my drivetrain at least once. had to do so 3 times today.

Line

Apr 2, 2022
Finland
Put the front mudguard on the rear. It protects the suspension and the link better.

How loud does the engine clutch make? This engine is an annoying whine when it drives close to 25km / h. Should take a video next time I ride a bike.

I'm wondering about the automatic setting for engine assistance. It can only drive on the road, makes sudden accelerations. It feels like it has full power on it with an easy, smooth ride

I am also disappointed with how heavy the bike is pedaling without assistance. Is this a yamaha feature? Otherwise, I like the bike, is really fast on the trail. The pedals easily catch on the ground but it should be repaired when I lift the stern higher.

20220510_001000.jpg

Last edited:

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
i put on a Praxis 32, the smallest they make and that can be fittted. however, i also swapped to a 10-45 cassette and short cage rear mech, so the gearing is essentially the same. i love it. it makes for a smaller drivetrain, and the rear mech is 30mm shorter, so on the small rear wheel it gives much more clearance. there are many steep climbs where i ride and i don't find any need for lower gearing, personally.
I used this same setup on my Trance last summer and loved its performance. I'd like the setup even more, if the cassette was all steel.

Last edited:

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
I used this same setup on my Trance last summer and loved its performance. I'd like the this setup even more, if the cassette was all steel.

i'm not sure why they don't come this way stock. it's not like you can overpower the bike in the smallest cogs with the stock 36 tooth ring, you would be going well over the restricted limit. once i hit the limiter, which is only on gravel access roads, i have no desire to try and out work the system. and no one is ever going this fast down hill and pedalling. IMO the set up i now have is perfect for an emtb.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
i also have these big Galfers and it's fine. i think they are slightly quieter in general, but it does depend somewhat on the moisture and dirt spray, speed, etc. sometimes at slower speed the first bite can still produce noise and vibration during wet rides. one thing to keep in mind is that huge rotors like this take longer to heat up before they have big power. slow speed riding in the wet (which is where i live, with no spring in sight yet, but that's another very grumpy story....) has no real advantage. but when i get a sustained descent where speeds increase and i'm on the brakes more, they are awesome. i'm also a larger rider at about 230 pounds fully outfitted to ride with pack. this bike excels at this kind of riding with it's suspension horsepower, geo and big brakes. love it.
Perfect Thanks. I like to go fast and brake late...so need the power 😜👍

Line

Apr 2, 2022
Finland
This is the sound that bothers me in the engine. I think this is really heavy to tread when I go past the speed limit.

Edit:

I found a similar problem on youtube. The Bike Seller said he had never heard of a problem like this in a giant.

Driving uphill in low gear with full boost, the grant went off completely. The bike had to be turned off after which it started working.

Attachments

• 20220518_002603.mp3
    370 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
1000 miles on my reign now. Only thing original in the bike is the frame, motor, and battery 🤣 loving it. No issues at all. Done 8 or 9 park days and loads of trail riding. Broken my hand two ago so 4 weeks off the bike 😩

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
How tall are you guys to run such high rise bars and which benefits are you getting on the trails ?

I'm about to swap my stem/bar combo and I was wondering if I would like switching to a 35mm rise bar up from the 20mm original Giant.

So many people are runing high rise, but I fear that I will let go some front wheel traction because of that.

XL stack is 650mm which is pretty good.

Reignoka.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I have 4 x 5mm Spachers and a bar with 30mm Rise. No issue on flats or uphill, but more relaxed on steep decents.
Don't worry and give it a try 😉

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
How tall are you guys to run such high rise bars and which benefits are you getting on the trails ?

I'm about to swap my stem/bar combo and I was wondering if I would like switching to a 35mm rise bar up from the 20mm original Giant.

So many people are runing high rise, but I fear that I will let go some front wheel traction because of that.

I was running riser bars on my previous Trance which had a much lower stack, my riding position was way forward (like an XC bike) and it helped cure back pain on longer rides.
I run my 2022 Reign E+2 with stock handlebar, shorter stem (35mm) and it is fine so far.
Risers (IMHO) make sense if you have long legs and short torso (relatively speaking) thus helping with a more upright riding position with the side effect of reducing the load on the front wheel. My 2 cents…

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
I also have a cavitation sound, already new. I think there is too little oil.
I found the noise went away after a few cycles, now it’s really bad. I think it’s air in the dampener oil and when there is a little bit it emulsifies after a few pumps. Now mine need a full rebuild.

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
I found the noise went away after a few cycles, now it’s really bad. I think it’s air in the dampener oil and when there is a little bit it emulsifies after a few pumps. Now mine need a full rebuild.
I've had that on 2 out of 3 fox X2... always sent over to tunner changed seals put an appropriate oil and good to go. just ashame fox does nothing about it.

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
Sorry, was more on about rear shocks. I don't knock anyone that hasn't had issues with them. Also can't service yourself like rockshox.
Ah fair enough. I had a DHX5 on my old DH sled that I abused for 10 yrs without a service and it never missed a beat. My old Float Air shock also only had its first service a few weeks ago after 13 years of riding.
To be honest I have limited experience with Rockshox kit but I can only say good things about Fox and Marzocchi.

bcmtb

Nov 1, 2021
WA
My bike (E+0) has started turning off on its own. When it comes back on it resets the button mapping which is kind of weird.

Shop is looking at it, hopefully it's a simple fix! I went for a ride on my non-e bike and it felt like I was stuck in molasses (lol). Too spoiled.

Mikects

Feb 27, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand

View attachment 88416
6’6 with a 38” inseam - 4 spacers 60mm rise Spank Vibrocore. Transformed the bike for me - love it.

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Has anyone managed to get the circumference of the rear wheel changed in the software yet so this thing can actually achieve a true 25kph?

I have been riding my Trek Rail more than the Giant lately. When I jumped back on the Giant yesterday its really noticeable how quickly that limit arrives and how abruptly it cuts out in comparison.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles