Reign E+ 2022

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
I

I have ordered the hunt ebike mullet wheel set.
Looks indestructible,, 36 spoke rear!
Maybe you should look into these.... Hunt seem very well reviewed and good value.
Wait time is may though unfortunately.
I have a stone gauge on my carbon rear which is annoying. Its running ok just now but I'm aware the wheel is now compromised. I have had Hunt wheels in the past both Trail and Enduro on my Bronson. I ended up with EX511's running on Hope Hubs which is where I'm going for the Giant. You really do get what you pay for (unless its carbon!).

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
I

I have ordered the hunt ebike mullet wheel set.
Looks indestructible,, 36 spoke rear!
Maybe you should look into these.... Hunt seem very well reviewed and good value.
Wait time is may though unfortunately.
What’s the sort of money for the hunt wheel set? I’ve got some new pads for the sram brakes, hopefully will make a difference. Although hope have got their new tec4 brakes coming out soon 😬

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
I leave you a video of the route made today, it is a section where I have made my personal record thanks to the change of the front tire by putting an ASSEGAI, the change is brutal.
I have improved my time by 14 seconds thanks to the tire.

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
The video is not sped up like another one I've seen here, which is clearly sped up.
cheating is very easy with the editor... but it shows
my answer is on the photo, also don't be jealous, is not a contest who is better or quicker , we do it for fun , give some respect Xavier ...

SnapShot.jpg

Last edited:

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
Cuando estoy interesado en algo, no me importa ver un video con subtítulos, si el contenido es interesante, y lo siento amigo, pero soy español y no sé hablar inglés lo suficiente como para hacer un video, lo entiendo, pero no lo hablo con suficiente fluidez para hacer un video. , humildemente espero que mi video les brinde informacion honesta y de primera mano, saludos

Valk

Jan 26, 2022
Italy
Today i decided to give my reign e+1 back to the LBS. I love the riding but i hate the battery consumption. 2 batterys dosn't make it better and the scratched frame pissed me off. LBS made me an excellent deal for an Levo Expert 2022 so i change at Wednesday. Hopefully i like the riding the same.
Hi Duke, I am actually in the process of choosing between a turbo levo expert 2022 and reign E+0 2022. I only managed to try the levo comp alloy and not the reign. On the levo, I loved the motor (super silent), the remote, the agility in technical single trails descent (amazing control in turns). I just found it a bit to stiff or rigid. My whrists were hurting a bit after 34 km ride.
On paper the reign has better specs, higher travel (maybe this will make it less rigid on rocky sections) and i loved the idea to get to 1000 of battery adding the extender.
However hate all these words, i would only need to try them but no way to do it!

As you tried both, what’s the verdict?

Thanks a lot

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich

Regarding the comment you gave before that you probably deleted:

"The video is not sped up like another one I've seen here, which is clearly sped up. "

made me laugh really hard :D. I can dissect in 2 simple steps why your comment mildly speaking is incorrect :).

1. you and @kadlefkas use different FOV. If you don't know what that is READ.
2. @kadlefkas is a MUCH faster rider and it is visible in every frame of the video. His style and moves are quick, abrupt and certain. He is a much faster and much better rider in every imaginable aspect. Clearly he likes speed and enjoys it. I will recognize my own kind every time without a shadow of a doubt :D.

I feel as if I was 14 again after posting this comment :D

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Hi Duke, I am actually in the process of choosing between a turbo levo expert 2022 and reign E+0 2022. I only managed to try the levo comp alloy and not the reign. On the levo, I loved the motor (super silent), the remote, the agility in technical single trails descent (amazing control in turns). I just found it a bit to stiff or rigid. My whrists were hurting a bit after 34 km ride.
On paper the reign has better specs, higher travel (maybe this will make it less rigid on rocky sections) and i loved the idea to get to 1000 of battery adding the extender.
However hate all these words, i would only need to try them but no way to do it!

Thanks a lot

Don't judge a bicycle after 34 km ride. Did you tune the damper and the fork to your needs? Your wrists can hurt on absolutely any bike. Reign E or any other too. If your hands got busted that might mean that the fork wasn't set up properly, that your tire pressure was too high, that the back sweep of the handle bar was incorrect, that the geometry is not for you, etc. etc. etc, ...

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden

Thanks a lot
More fair would be to compare Kenevo and Reign. Levo and Trance is the same category.

both are excellent brands and bikes. Imho Levo/kenevo is insanely over priced (e+0 also). But if you have the money go for it! :).

DOCTOR EBIKES

Jul 9, 2021
Terrassa ( SPAIN)
Regarding the comment you gave before that you probably deleted:

"The video is not sped up like another one I've seen here, which is clearly sped up. "

made me laugh really hard :D. I can dissect in 2 simple steps why your comment mildly speaking is incorrect :).

1. you and @kadlefkas use different FOV. If you don't know what that is READ.
2. @kadlefkas is a MUCH faster rider and it is visible in every frame of the video. His style and moves are quick, abrupt and certain. He is a much faster and much better rider in every imaginable aspect. Clearly he likes speed and enjoys it. I will recognize my own kind every time without a shadow of a doubt :D.

I feel as if I was 14 again after posting this comment :D

At no time did I want to compare myself with this man, I know he is a faster runner than me but much faster, there is no comparison clearly he is a crack, but my perception at first was that the video was accelerated, now seeing better I see that the perception of speed is because it uses the gopro fusion with fisheye effect that gives a perception that the terrain is narrower than it is, even the handlebar of the bicycle seems 30 centimeters, it should make more realistic videos from my point of view .
I didn't mean to offend this man.
And if you did, I apologize.
but I still say that the video does not reflect reality.
It shows that I don't have that flow that he has, but I also tell you that I'm missing a foot that I imagine he does have, things of going fast in the past....
In my video I only try to reflect how a mediocre driver like me changes the rear tire, I lose 14 seconds of my time, I advise the change to ASSEGAI, greetings friend

you feel like you're 14 years old because you're still 14 and i don't know

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Hahaha. I like high bars. Will swap to 35mm rise + top placement most likely.

Just remember that lowering the stem and installing higher handlebar you will end up with a longer reach than using low riser bar and placing the stem higher. Your grips will end up at the same height above the ground but the reach is different.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
At no time did I want to compare myself with this man, I know he is a faster runner than me but much faster, there is no comparison clearly he is a crack, but my perception at first was that the video was accelerated, now seeing better I see that the perception of speed is because it uses the gopro fusion with fisheye effect that gives a perception that the terrain is narrower than it is, even the handlebar of the bicycle seems 30 centimeters, it should make more realistic videos from my point of view .
No quise ofender a este hombre.
Y si lo hiciste, te pido disculpas.
pero sigo diciendo que el video no refleja la realidad.
Se nota que no tengo ese flow que el tiene, pero tambien te digo que me falta un pie que me imagino que el si tiene, cosas de ir rapido en el pasado....
En mi video solo intento para reflexionar como un piloto mediocre como yo cambia la llanta trasera, pierdo 14 segundos de mi tiempo, aconsejo el cambio a ASSEGAI, saludos amigo

you feel like you're 14 years old because you still have them and you don't know it.

Trust me. It is not only the fish eye (different FOV just like I said). But he is clearly a faster rider too :).

Don't worry. Practice, go ride more and one day maybe you too will join the speed club!

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
More fair would be to compare Kenevo and Reign. Levo and Trance is the same category.

both are excellent brands and bikes. Imho Levo/kenevo is insanely over priced (e+0 also). But if you have the money go for it! :).
I think the Reign E+ sits between Levo and Kenevo, more like the newer Levo if you look at geometry & mullet wheels... I agree all these are great bikes, I was comparing Reign and Levo as well.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
I think the Reign E+ sits between Levo and Kenevo, more like the newer Levo if you look at geometry & mullet wheels... I agree all these are great bikes, I was comparing Reign and Levo as well.
Depend how you look at it. Kenevo is 170/170 but only fox 36 in cheapest version and you get 38 on Reign.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles