Reign E+ 2022

Pudding

Oct 3, 2021
Canada
I’ve had mine for 3 weeks now and it has been very wet where I live. I don’t have much option but to hose my bike off after every ride, it’s too muddy not to. I’ve ridden through streams and a countless puddles, but luckily I haven’t had any issues with the bike not working. The battery compartment cover doesn’t keep out water and mud, it doesn’t usually get on the battery though. Water tends to pool in the plastic moulding on the inner side of the cover, so I take the cover off after washing to let it dry out in there.

Pudding

Oct 3, 2021
Canada
Inside of battery cover and battery compartment.

44A19DED-ECBA-4AC0-8BC0-2AA1EA0F6F0C.jpeg

43510FD0-BA9D-40D0-8E6C-1C351257D8F1.jpeg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
1st Impressions from riding the new Reign e+ 2022 on one of the more demanding alpine tracks @home. Main Focus today was on uphill capabilities, braking performance and handling steep terrain and bigger drops. Long story short ❤👌👍

Going up to the trailhead on a narrow, exposed footpath with loads of switchbacks and steeeep sections with loose rocks. Set the Bike to the high position to optimize the Geometry for this purpose and had no issues with pedal clipping. The Smart-Assist / Auto-mode is working amazingly well, much better than I'd expected. No need to control the power of the motor with the rear brake anymore. Set and forget!

Pointing downhill, this bikes took the bite of the trail which is a benchmark around. With the added ground clearance of the new motor I was able to ride the line I'm usually taking with my Enduro and only hit a fallen tree or the edge of a large step once. Monster trucking over everything, but still nimble when things getting slow. Even with the extra weight nose-wheeling around corners work like wit the Trance X e+. Well done GIANT!

Shigura with 220mm rotor on the front provides plenty of control and confidence. Way better than the stock XT Brakes.

Dropping 1.8m was a no brainer....point, shoot, done.

About the motor - on tarmac and the fire roads you'll hear a high frequency sound like from an EP8. No rattling on the decent.

Last edited:

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
I’ve had mine for 3 weeks now and it has been very wet where I live. I don’t have much option but to hose my bike off after every ride, it’s too muddy not to. I’ve ridden through streams and a countless puddles, but luckily I haven’t had any issues with the bike not working. The battery compartment cover doesn’t keep out water and mud, it doesn’t usually get on the battery though. Water tends to pool in the plastic moulding on the inner side of the cover, so I take the cover off after washing to let it dry out in there.
Thanks mate

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
A good friend has ordered the Reign 0 E+ or whatever it is. 12k in NZ coin tho. It's due here around New Years. I'm looking forward to seeing its climbing capabilities alongside my Altitude. Mostly though, it will be fun to finally have a riding buddy with an eeb.
Yes I recommended one to my mate as best bang for buck & now a few of his mates have put orders down. $9K for E2 with zebs & X2. I'd def be looking at one.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Today I realized that the level of mode 3, 4 and 5 where not set to the max in the app. Don't know if this happens at the LBS or if this the default from the Fab, but anyway, this explains why the Smart Assist / Auto mode did feel more powerful. Second, it tells us that there is no correlation between the level of the individual assist modes and the auto mode.

If anyone from GIANT reads this - please add the ability to control the power of the Smart Assist mode. Would also love to get profiles like on Shimano System to switch between cruising/power safe and Trail/Attack mode easily.

Last edited:

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Hi i'm trying to protect the battery tube i really like this sticker, do you have a link?

I'm using protective film from Amzn for Cars as yard ware to wrap the entire bike.
It's amlost invisible and the little sticker is on top of it ;-) Can't remember where I have got this.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ok it looks like they are imminent over next few weeks but in limited numbers.

believe + 0 will be £7500 with 750 battery and +1 6300 with 625 battery.

Giant Guildford have a Medium +0 coming in later this week/ early next ahead of other bikes.

apparently no big boat load arriving rather drips and drabs

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
Hmmmm, prices a bit fruitier than I expected. Shame the +1 is 625 kwh, as that could have been an option. So prob a wait for the Haibike Nduro7 - as I'm a Yam engine fan!

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England

Giant Guildford have a Medium +0 coming in later this week/ early next ahead of other bikes.

I called Guildford and hopefully the inbound E+0 medium is reserved with my name on it! :love: Cheers for the heads up bud. you are right as well, call or email a few of the giant shops and some do have allocation, a friendly bunch they are too(y)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

£7500 for that spec is pretty amazing in todays market.

- Fox 38 Factory
- Fox X2 Factory
- 750Wh battery
- Carbon rims
- SRAM X01 drivetrain
- Code RSC Brakes
- New Yamaha PWX-3 motor
- Neat integration

In fact this could well be the best bang for buck Ebike out there by far! I'm very very interested in this one and really want it to hurry up!

reign_e_22_gallery09.jpg

reign_e_22_gallery10.jpg

reign_e_22_gallery16.jpg

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Yesterday I had to use Walk Assist Mode to get to the Summit.

It feels not as powerful as I am used to from PWX and PWX2, but works smoothly, more natural, and the rear wheel did not wash out anymore. Still enough Power even in steep Terrain, and very predictable. Nice improvent, but I would like to control the power of the walk mode via the app 😜

walk.jpeg

Last edited:

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
£7500 for that spec is pretty amazing in todays market.

- Fox 38 Factory
- Fox X2 Factory
- 750Wh battery
- Carbon rims
- SRAM X01 drivetrain
- Code RSC Brakes
- New Yamaha PWX-3 motor
- Neat integration

In fact this could well be the best bang for buck Ebike out there by far! I'm very very interested in this one and really want it to hurry up!

View attachment 74776

View attachment 74778

View attachment 74779
Hopefully mine should arrive soon, can’t wait! I read the specs show code RSC brakes and X01 drivetrain but why do they look like XT’s in all pics? @trailaddict can you confirm what brakes and gearing yours has and what stem length is fitted also please? Cheers

Last edited:

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
@Polaris - I do have a 1 Model which comes with Shimano. 0 is built with SRAM components.
Stem depends on Frame size. Medium came with 40mm length.

Last edited:

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
Yesterday I had to use Walk Assist Mode to get to the Summit.

It feels not as powerful as I am used to from PWX and PWX2, but works smoothly, more natural, and the rear wheel did not wash out anymore. Still enough Power even in steep Terrain, and very predictable. Nice improvent, but I would like to control the power of the walk mode via the app 😜

View attachment 74783
Great pic! Are those xtr race levers?

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
I have detected the same thing in the first two exits and after washing the bike, it has surprised me, I think that this cover should go with some type of rubber gasket to prevent water from entering

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
New here, just bought a 2022 Giant Reign E+2 XL...first eMTB

I was riding a 2021 Giant Reign Advanced Pro 29 2 XL all summer and decided to make the jump to the ebike version when I saw that an E+2 XL size was available at my bike shop. Lots of Reign E+ available here in Quebec, but all sizes S/M/L.

The geo and mullet setup on that bike make the bike more playful and agile vs. my regular Reign...oh boy I had a big smile my first time down and jumps with the bike, couldn't believe how an ebike could be that agile.

Suspensions are perfectly tuned and so plush, small bump compliance is really good despite having lower end Zeb Select & DPX2 Performance. The bike is also dead silent when going down, big plus versus these EP8 rattling all over the place.

Only issue right now is that my GX rear derailleur is creaking badly under load...my regular Reign was doing the exact same thing with an NX rear derailleur, strange.

Old Reign
Reign1.jpg

New Reign E
e2.jpg

e3.jpg
e4.jpg
e11.jpg
e8.jpg

e10.jpg

e5.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles