Reign E+ 2022

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Bought one today. E+1.
Turned to tubeless, mounted Shimano Saint pedals.
Weight 25,4 KG with 625 battery.
Can't wait to try it out against my Levo Comp 🙈

20211011_160001.jpg

20211011_155953.jpg

20211011_155945.jpg

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I got a call from my shop in Louisville last night, and it looks like no Reign will be coming our way in 2022. My order was canceled.

Headquarters in California said that the bikes were "oversold" and expect ZERO this year.

Immediately, I assumed its a red state, blue state, trade war.

Last edited:

Chris30210

Aug 11, 2021
France - Pont du Gard
I got a call from my shop in Louisville last night, and it looks like no Reign will be coming our way in 2022. My order was canceled.

Headquarters in California said that the bikes were "oversold" and expect ZERO this year.

No Reign in 2022 ???
in France, I got one 10 days after my order

ThePete

Oct 16, 2019
Dublin, CA

That sucks! I’ve been wondering why Giant hasn’t updated the US website. I’m located on the west coast and my shop put in an order for me as well… and if this a red vs blue thing then F*** these tyrants!

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
That sucks! I’ve been wondering why Giant hasn’t updated the US website. I’m located on the west coast and my shop put in an order for me as well… and if this a red vs blue thing then F*** these tyrants!
Lol. Hopefully some markets in the States get em. I talked with the dealer again today, and the report I got was Giant didn't say "No" but they wouldn't say "Yes."

I'm cool about it, but... I have been ordering spare parts! If there will be no new bikes this year, I'll try and make sure the one I've got keeps going.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
LBS here in NZ said yesterday the 0's sold out - arriving in Dec & taking deposits on the +1 arriving in Jan. We share the same importer. In this big chain shop there were no Emtbs left at all.
Hi Doug

Was that T7 ?
We are quite limited with our options here in NZ, so many other brands available abroad.
It's a crazy time for sure

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Is it only me who feels like these reviews are pretty pointless? I would have gotten more information from reading the spec sheet and Giant's media releases.
Nicely written and well narrated text, very well done action video shots. We know from the specs that it’s most likely a good bike….
I agree that the review is lacking real handling characteristics and comparisons with other bikes in the same category.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
EMBN dont review bikes, just do features on them - besides it pretty clear from when it says pay for content from giant at the beginning of the video that its not going to be anything other than an infomercial

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
Picked my new Reign e+ 1 today. More important to me than the weight is the fact that my 500Wh Batteries still work 🙏
Do you mean to say that batteries for the new Reign are cross-compatible with the earlier years?

I've noticed that the Giant batteries seem about 20% more expensive than Shimano equivalents and was considering a repack if it ever came to that. Good to know if Giant batteries are compatible across the EMTB range.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I have a Trance SX e+ from 2019, and this 500wh Battery works in my Trance X e+ from 2021 and also in the new Reign.
The 625Wh Battery from the Trance X works also in the 2019er Model and the Reign.
What will not work is to fit the new 750Wh Batteries in the older models because it is thicker.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
From what i read from 2019 the 400Wh was interchangeable with the 500Wh
and the 625Wh is also the same fit. I guess the 750 is probably bigger so
not compatible. Some have problems with the Shimano aging faster than
they are supposed like going to 85% in a short time.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
I have a Trance SX e+ from 2019, and this 500wh Battery works in my Trance X e+ from 2021 and also in the new Reign.
The 625Wh Battery from the Trance X works also in the 2019er Model and the Reign.
What will not work is to fit the new 750Wh Batteries in the older models because it is thicker.
Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for a 625 for my 2021 Stance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles