Reign E+ 2022 Bashguard

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
With the super low BB I’m hitting the chain ring going over rocks and logs on almost every rid. The bike is missing the normal ISCG mounting. What other options do you have for mount a bashguard?

Rankbad

Oct 19, 2020
NZ
really bad oversight if you can’t have a bash guard
Hi Implor, did you find a bash guard to suit? I have the same problem even in the high position, though I am getting better at pre loading obstacles, which helps a lot. I've only just started looking but it seems that only thing that will go on will be a F..in..uggly, full circle chainring type. Very 'Old School'. Could make it look more like what a lot of commuter bikes have up front. After 3 mths on my E+2 (yes a lucky man) boy to I WANT/NEED the bigger 750w/hr battery. The bike sure is BEASTLY! Came from a 2019 e- Trance SX -O.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Hi Implor, did you find a bash guard to suit? I have the same problem even in the high position, though I am getting better at pre loading obstacles, which helps a lot. I've only just started looking but it seems that only thing that will go on will be a F..in..uggly, full circle chainring type. Very 'Old School'. Could make it look more like what a lot of commuter bikes have up front. After 3 mths on my E+2 (yes a lucky man) boy to I WANT/NEED the bigger 750w/hr battery. The bike sure is BEASTLY! Came from a 2019 e- Trance SX -O.

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
Which version of the Reign is it OP?

If Fox X2 equipped try this:
Let all the air out of your shock.
Inflate to required pressure, pausing every 50psi to compress the shock 10-10 times to 25% of its sag.

Once I did this the shock sat higher in its stroke for the same psi and getting far fewer pedal strikes.

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
carter moteur pour Reign E+ 2022 alu , 29p -27,5 p - Amygos this french company does a solid bash guard and chain ring protector all in one

1663234002877.png

1663233982191.png

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
For all interested in the subject. There's a new kid on the block.

Just ordered mine. Rockguardz is a really good company. I have their guard on my Intense Tracer since 4 years. I am pretty sure the one for reign e+ will work too. Stuff is very light. And won't set you back 120EUR :/.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Have these on our Rails. No issues, would buy again but they won't break for sure!

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Have these on our Rails. No issues, would buy again but they won't break for sure!

Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't seem to have any model for giant reign e+ 2022?

Evelhornet

Feb 13, 2023
Wales
I know this is an old thread now but I've had my bike over 15mths and been looking all over the world for suitable bash guard - after multiple scrapes and hits on logs, rocks etc. I gave up in the end and just ordered a replacement lower motor cover for £20 (with the intention of riveting a thin, steel skid plate to the original scratched cover). I've since removed the original and realised these things are strong AF! I've taken a few BIG hits and the scratches are just superficial - the plastic is really thick on the most vulnerable part. So I've just decided to leave it as it is, and if I do manage to break it, I now have a spare that was a lot cheaper than the other ugly/bulky options out there! Something to think about for those worried that you're going to break your motor cover 😃

jar2b

May 13, 2023
Corsica
You're right.
Very strong lower motor cover. Ordered one for spare 2 months ago but despite strong hits at the same places (rocks roots ...) since 1 year it doesn't crack.
You don't lose style, money and above all, ground clearance with it :cool:

Megavolt

Jul 21, 2022
Moscow Russia
Which version of the Reign is it OP?

If Fox X2 equipped try this:
Let all the air out of your shock.
Inflate to required pressure, pausing every 50psi to compress the shock 10-10 times to 25% of its sag.

Once I did this the shock sat higher in its stroke for the same psi and getting far fewer pedal strikes.
I confirm, it's in the fox recommendations, but I'm in favor of installing the spring.)))

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles