Red flashing on ride control

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
My wife has a VALL-E+ 1 PRO, today while riding on lowest assist the ride control started flashing red and even though the assist light stayed on 1 the assistance was more around 3-4. The assist buttons were also unresponsive, the only way to get it working again was power it off and power it back on. After a short ride it would fault again.

Any ideas what it could be? It's going back into the Lbs tomorrow.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Thanks for the heads up. Took it to local bike shop and they couldn't duplicate the error. Since we've had it back it's been fine. Could have been knocked out of alignment

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I thought it might be but it's doing it intermittently. I think the controller is going to die. It went totally blank the other day but was still providing assistance. Then after we got home it miraculously lit back up. The hubs about to die too.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
My wife has a VALL-E+ 1 PRO, today while riding on lowest assist the ride control started flashing red and even though the assist light stayed on 1 the assistance was more around 3-4. The assist buttons were also unresponsive, the only way to get it working again was power it off and power it back on. After a short ride it would fault again.

Any ideas what it could be? It's going back into the Lbs tomorrow.

According the manual, LED #3 on the RideControl One means "speed sensor issue"

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
All good it got to the point we're it was faulting instantly so the LBS swapped it out and it's been faultless since

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
In case it happens to someone else, mine did this recently (SX) and knowing it was a sensor error ensured magnet/sensor were aligned correctly but to no avail. Not sure how it happened but the dealer found the sensor connector at the motor (under the motor protector) had broken causing the fault and was replaced under warranty.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles