Rebound clicks ???

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
2019 CC

I’m 123 Kgs ( yes , fat and heavy )
I have the pressures ok I think both front and rear for the compression
But close bumps ie fast multiple hits say rutted field seems really harsh !
So is rebound setting the trick here , not touched since collection , if I wind both front and rear right back how many then clicks would be the suggestion !
Thanks in advance , lose weight and stop eating pies is not the answer ! Lol ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Count how many clicks from fast rebound to slow rebound to see how many on the dial. I would then start one third of that total away from the fastest rebound. So if you count 15 clicks, then set it to 5 clicks away from the fastest end of the scale.

Then once you are back on the trail, find the section of trail that gives you problems and turn the dial one click at a time away from fast until you feel it's OK.

Lots of rebound damping may feel nice and comfy, and the temptation is to go for super slow. But beware of having rebound setting too close to the slow end or you can get what is called "packing down". This is where the hits are coming so fast that the fork cannot recover in time under its too slow rebound setting. The fork then ratchets its way to using up all the travel and you end up with a rigid fork!

Staircases are good for setting rebound damping! But I guess a ploughed field will do seeing as you have the motor to help.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
Count how many clicks from fast rebound to slow rebound to see how many on the dial. I would then start one third of that total away from the fastest rebound. So if you count 15 clicks, then set it to 5 clicks away from the fastest end of the scale.

Then once you are back on the trail, find the section of trail that gives you problems and turn the dial one click at a time away from fast until you feel it's OK.

Lots of rebound damping may feel nice and comfy, and the temptation is to go for super slow. But beware of having rebound setting too close to the slow end or you can get what is called "packing down". This is where the hits are coming so fast that the fork cannot recover in time under its too slow rebound setting. The fork then ratchets its way to using up all the travel and you end up with a rigid fork!

Staircases are good for setting rebound damping! But I guess a ploughed field will do seeing as you have the motor to help.

Thanks

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire

Thanks

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire

Thanks

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
rebound settings vary from rider to rider due to riding style and personal preference but also vary in effectiveness dependent on rider weight and spring weight/pressures used in the shock/fork so asking for recommendations of number of clicks to use (even as a statring point) is somewhat pointless. Following the video above will get you where you are asking. for more advanced suspension set-up and simply to gain a better understanding of your suspension and how settings affect each other I'd recommend you read the sticky thread I posted in the "General EMTB" section of the forum.

Here:

Suspension set-up guides and info - EMTB Forums

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles