Rear triangle alignment 2019 e-sommet

MTB-WALES

Jul 6, 2020
Carmarthen
On advice from a friend who said you guys here are very helpful and lovely I am sharing this little problem... I took apart the frame to check the bearings and when I went to rebuild the left hand seat stay is out of alignment where it joins the rocker and by some margin. Not sure what has caused this but can't rebuild in this state as will totally mess up the mount hardware and prob bearing too.

I am trying to find out if I am missing a spacer on the main pivot, drive side. Have attached the PDF with the part highlighted. I am not sure what part that is but pretty sure I dont have it. Would explain the alignment and also why I have some rubbing on the inside of the mount, as per pics. At a bit of a loss what to do here so any input would be amazing. Have contacted Vitus but not heard anything.

Sommet.JPG

IMG_20200706_133227.jpg

IMG_20200706_133039.jpg

IMG_20200706_133300.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
ATRB-SBT is the shock eyelet bolt - it just looks like it's part of the main pivot assembly in the PDF. it's not.
misalignment of only on one side of the seat stay to the rocker indicates to me you are either missing a horst link bearing or spacer (or something is not pressed in fully)
Zoom in and have a look at the configuration in the PDF here:

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
That doesnt seem too far off, does it not flex out to align easily? ive seen far worse sadly, basically every alloy Intense ever made :ROFLMAO:

The alignment at that pivot is dictated by the welding of the many parts of the chainstay and then the seatstay itself, so there will always be accumulation of error. Out of interest, have you checked how it lines up if you fit and bolt in the rear wheel? the axle is a structural part of the back end and when bolted up might bring it more into line, or even further out ;)

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
I agree with STATO and fit the wheel. I'd also check the HORST link seat stay / Chain stay pivot Torques as they are supposed to be really low @ ~6 Nm.. either way loosen them off and see if it aligns.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles