rear derailleur come of on 2020 levo

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
out riding late last night and rear derailleur has come of, gona look at this morning in the light it looks like it has come loose and unthreaded anyone else had this???

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
I’ve never heard of that happening before. My guess is that it was never torqued properly and just worked itself loose. Is it still attached to the derailleur hangar or just floating with the hangar bolt missing?

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
messed the thread up needs a new rear hanger rear bolt still in derailleur bizarrely i had stopped to sort out my lights and it fell of if i had been moving it would of done more damage. I thought maybe my weight and size put more pressure on it i am big guy lol. Local specialized dealer have it now fixing it for me :)

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
This should be part of a regular bolt check on a bike, any bike, should get this, atleast every few rides, just as you oil the chain, take 10minutes, torque all the bolts and you will never have this happen.

Check if the threads are all fine on the mech hanger, if they look a little rough, get a new mech hanger as you will do more damage when it rips off.

Carlos Danger

Jun 7, 2022
Cary, NC
Had this happen on my 2021 LEVO last night. Couldn't believe what I saw. Was riding with a buddy who was on a 2020 LEVO. After I got mine back on, he went over and checked his. Sure enough, his was a few turns from falling off as well.

Been riding mountain bikes for a loooooonnnng time. This is a first. I think it is a LEVO thing. Gonna put some blue Loctite on and give it another go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles