Real life logistics of riding using two batteries and one Emtb?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I've carried a spare battery but never needed it, I find my arse giving up before the battery.
This is what I use in my kreiga backpack, you could mabe strap a kreiga us10 or so to the bike but there's downfalls either way as you already know.
I've got these if yo want me to fuk about with the battery strapping to the bike
If this fella can carry a chainsaw on a dirt bike then I'm sure you'll be able to find a way to carry a spare battery .
💈

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I have an old Merida e160 with and external bt-e8010 battery and decided to get a spare battery and Evoc ebike back pack but with 2 litres of water plus battery and bits n pieces it must weigh about 10 kilos
Anyway I was browsing ebay as you do and came across a frame mounted bracket which looks really well made and a great idea to keep the weight central so I've ordered it, it's on its way from Germany so due here next month

Screenshot_20220216-081723_eBay.jpg

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
I have already hurt my …… on the bike light battery attached on top of the frame. No way I would ride with an extra battery attached that way…

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Who here has two batteries for their Ebike and reguarly uses both for the one ride?

So what do other folk actually do?
carry a heavy backpack the whole ride?
leave the battery in the car and plan rides that return to the car

I do both.

If heading to somewhe where I want to ride all day and im up and down from the carpark... like Contin, Laggan, Dunkeld, etc the the spare stays in the van till needed

If doing a big long mountain day then it goes in the backpack.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You might want to check the date of that post before quoting and replying.
😉

Last edited:

Calsun

May 17, 2021
Monterey CA
I use the Specialized range extender battery that fits in a water bottle type cage and provides 50% more range. Same battery works with both the Turbo Levo SL MTB bike and the Turbo Creo SL road bike. I can set the motor to pull juice first from the range extender battery and I seldom need more power than it can provide. Much easier to pull out the battery and take it inside for recharging.

I use the lower power settings and provide more power with the pedals so the motor draws a lot less. But then if lots of power is what I wanted on the trails or the roads I would buy a motorbike. I love the 41 lb weight of the Levo and the 27 lb weight of the Creo. Much easier putting them inside the SUV or up on my 1Up platform bike rack.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles