Rattle going downhill on e-sommet

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Picked up my new e-sommet the other day (arrived without a scratch on it) and it's an amazing bike. Totally love it. Been throwing it down some trails and have noticed when it gets really rough that there is quite a loud rattling, almost sounds as if a bolt is loose. I assume it's the battery, but when I stop I can't see anything loose. Any ideas please people?

Tony P

Dec 15, 2018
South West
Possibly battery - has your motor cut out yet with an error as this would be an indicator? Easy enough to tighten the battery mounting - see previous post.

Have you checked your cassette is tight?

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Possibly battery - has your motor cut out yet with an error as this would be an indicator? Easy enough to tighten the battery mounting - see previous post.

Have you checked your cassette is tight?
Yes, last night actually! Removed it and refitted and was fine. I'll go search for the battery mounting post, thanks.

pallie

Dec 19, 2018
netherlands
Picked up my new e-sommet the other day (arrived without a scratch on it) and it's an amazing bike. Totally love it. Been throwing it down some trails and have noticed when it gets really rough that there is quite a loud rattling, almost sounds as if a bolt is loose. I assume it's the battery, but when I stop I can't see anything loose. Any ideas please people?
Mine battery mounting got loose, 2 little bolts. It's a rattle you just described. Got the same battery as you got. Just remove the battery and check the bolts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles