Article Range Check - How far can you go?

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Last ride on the Shimano equipped Meta Power was 18 miles, 1800 vertical feet, 2 bars on battery, one red bar on display, 60/40 trail/boost, 1.5 hours.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Best i did was 33 miles with 4730 feet.
All in eco 17% cm9
This was the only ride so far i wish i had a bigger battery.
The 17% was a bit to low to keep climbing comfortably.
My fitness level is not optimal and I weigh geared up 194lbs.
Have to keep losing weight and dream in the meanwhile of a bigger compatible battery :D

DaveL

Aug 31, 2018
Pukekohe, New Zealand
Hi all, these are the stats from a ride I did on Saturday:
Bike: Kenevo 2019
Battery: 504Wh
Rider weight, ready to ride: 85Kg (13 stone, 5 lb?)
Ride Time (moving): 4hrs
Distance: 53k's (32 miles)
Elevation Gain: 1,375m (4,511 feet)
Track Conditions: Mostly gravel with about 1km of slick clay and a bit of mud. 40k's of the ride was on a fairly tight, twisty track which calls for a lot of accelerating and breaking, so it isn't very efficient riding.
Modes: Trail (set to 40/60) for about 1km, the rest in Eco, which I dialed back during the ride (now set to 15/50).
Top Speed: 64.8kph (that was fun on a gravel road with a 12% incline :D)
Battery Performance: Died 200m from the carpark.

Towards the end of the ride I wanted to see how my "de-tuned" Eco mode stacked up so the last 15k's was spent racing a friends PB (set on an acoustic bike). Being an ex-Iron Man racer he is far stronger than I am on a pedal bike and I had done most of my altitude gain by that point, so I was pretty happy when I equaled his PB. It also means I've got the bike set to a point where we can ride together without having to wait for him too much now (y) The 1st time out on the Kenevo I smoked him :D He's an ebike hater so it was great :ROFLMAO:

I think if I do the same ride again (and I will) with Eco set to the current levels I should be able to crack 60k's. I'm pretty happy with that.

20180908_101152.jpg

The view from the top wasn't too bad (Hunua, Auckland, New Zealand)

To top the weekend off I rode my 300 for 6hrs on Sunday (hard enduro riding is my main sport). It's now Monday morning here (and clearly I'm hard at work...:ROFLMAO:) and I'm feeling like I've had a good "all body" workout :) Off for another ride on the Kenevo tomorrow afternoon (y):)

Mud bath.jpg

Last edited:

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
A question for Levo riders using Blevo, I am trying to get a handle on battery consumption in relation to cadence, on my old bike I would grind it out at low cadence but with the Levo cadence is higher. In order to reduce wear on the drive line on riding uphill I avoid gear changes were possible and hit the boost if I need a bit more, this leads to slower cadence but getting up without a change. The upside is a few good intensity sessions each ride but I have wondered if this would use more power? Has any one done a direct comparison to see the result on the same path using these two different approaches? Maybe Rob could do one for us?

papab

Jun 10, 2018
colorado
My 1st big ride on the commencal, shimano motor, I pushed it and myself to the limit on a steep rocky trail that nobody except dirt bikes typically use.
36 mi, 4500 ft of climbing. About 4 hrs of moving time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles