Rail 9 cassette removal?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
The 9 has an XD Sram, I thought it only needed a Shimano cassette tool but mine doesn't fit over the axle cap and the cap doesn't seem to come out from outside of cassette.
Anyone done this on the Bontrager wheels? Or is my tool just a cheapie that has too thick a sidewalls?

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
The 9 has an XD Sram, I thought it only needed a Shimano cassette tool but mine doesn't fit over the axle cap and the cap doesn't seem to come out from outside of cassette.
Anyone done this on the Bontrager wheels? Or is my tool just a cheapie that has too thick a sidewalls?
I had a similar issue with my 9.8xt & microspline cassette, bought a new park cassette tool?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
I had a similar issue with my 9.8xt & microspline cassette, bought a new park cassette tool?
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, might go cheap and run a dremel inside the tool and see if that works before buying the proper tool ?
Edit....seems NZ is sold out of the 5.2 Park tool anyway ?

Last edited:

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Thanks for confirming my thoughts, might go cheap and run a dremel inside the tool and see if that works before buying the proper tool ?
Edit....seems NZ is sold out of the 5.2 Park tool anyway ?
I got this, prefer it to the Park as it has a 1/2" drive

neiloxford

Jul 8, 2020
UK
The old versions were short as they were designed for QR. If you google it you will find lots of longer versions designed for the new standards.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles