Rail 7 Chain ring keeps loosening

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
Yep. I posted about this last week. Came loose mid-ride, all the way off I fact. Luckily I noticed so I got it finger tight and freewheeled back to the car.

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Just checked mine all ok but got a screwdriver and gave it a whack just to make sure

Last edited:

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
I couldn't find one either. I had to make one from a piece of cylindrical steel bar, cut slots into it and weld a 22mm nut onto it to be able to torque to 30nm. Didn't fancy using a hammer and screwdriver.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Give Park Tool a call. I've been in touch with them but they don't seem to want to make one until they've had more interest. Perhaps a few more calls will jog them into action.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I couldn't find one either. I had to make one from a piece of cylindrical steel bar, cut slots into it and weld a 22mm nut onto it to be able to torque to 30nm. Didn't fancy using a hammer and screwdriver.
Don't fancy making a few up do you?
If they were like a tenner I'd buy one off you?

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Bosch uses a standard spline for the new CX/Speed motors. Use BBT-18.

BBT-18 Bottom Bracket Tool | Park Tool

Great! Thanks! Just what I need.

But before I leap in and buy one, have you tried it? It's just that Bosch very specifically pointed me towards Magura (for which I need a dealer's account) and Park Tool said they didn't make anything for Bosch other than the Gen 2 tool. (I did email both to ask).

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Just further on this, I think the chain ring coming loose needs regular attention.
A friend of mine who has a 9.9 with project one paint job, had his chain ring come loose, causing his chain to come off and in doing so gouged his nice paint job on the swing arm and bent a tooth on the chain ring.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I ordered. We shall see

That's great. I've got a little time: we've got full lockdown here, so I can't even go to my garage to work on my bike - it's stored in a secure building 10 minutes away from my house so doesn't qualify as a necessary journey -> automatic 300€ fine! :cry:

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
Great! Thanks! Just what I need.

But before I leap in and buy one, have you tried it? It's just that Bosch very specifically pointed me towards Magura (for which I need a dealer's account) and Park Tool said they didn't make anything for Bosch other than the Gen 2 tool. (I did email both to ask).
Yes I've tried it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles