Quick Question regarding pedalling on a e160s with Bosch

Mattzzzzzz

Oct 2, 2020
Nottingham UK
It feels like a crank arm is loose, but they are not,if you are of an age where all bikes came with cotter pins ,it feel like when a cotter pin was worn and you would get slight movement on the left crank arm so they weren’t completely 180 degrees to each other . This maybe be normal and its the motor engaging but feels so weird- put me out of my misery ! Is it normal?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Does this on mine. I've assumed it's the split-second it takes for the motor to engage, you can get a very slight clunk through the cranks when you switch from free-wheeling to pedalling.

Also...what sounds are normal? I have the motor whine (expected), slight motor rattle over rough ground when free-wheeling (expected) and also a lower pitch 'tardis sound' that happens once a crank revolution (normal?) Sounds a bit like the electronic noise my old Mitsu PHEV used to make to warn pedestrians!

Last edited:

Mattzzzzzz

Oct 2, 2020
Nottingham UK
Does this on mine. I've assumed it's the split-second it takes for the motor to engage, you can get a very slight clunk through the cranks when you switch from free-wheeling to pedalling.

Also...what sounds are normal? I have the motor whine (expected), slight motor rattle over rough ground when free-wheeling (expected) and also a lower pitch, once a revolution, 'tardis sound' that happens once a crank revolution (normal?) Sounds a bit like the electronic noise my old Mitsu PHEV used to make to warn pedestrians!
Thanks Jamze, I assumed it was symptomatic of the motor so great to be reassured its not just mine.
The whine is more noticeable on climbs , I have not noticed many rattles yet but the freewheel hub is quite loud, not hope loud but still a loud tock which drowns out most noise.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles