Question about my derailleur

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
So I was wondering if my derailleur looks normal to you guys. Is it normal for the 3 screws to be half undone like on the pic as i don't want them falling out.
20190707_154326.jpg

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Don't worry, they are adjustment screws and they will not move. They adjust high- and low stop and how close the dérailleur sits towards the cassette - DON'T touch them if it works fine;)

Karsten

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Don't worry, they are adjustment screws and they will not move. They adjust high- and low stop and how close the dérailleur sits towards the cassette - DON'T touch them if it works fine;)

Karsten
Yeah, it works fine but did wonder if they looked normal. Thanks Karsten.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
looks as if your higher gears are worn ...just like mine .
Have you checked your chain...you might need a change.££££££££

Johnbalz

Jun 17, 2019
Rocklin, CA
Keep in mind that the teeth have that "worn" look when brand new, there are lots of seemingly random angles/cuts on the teeth to aid in shifting. When I got back into bikes a year ago I thought my cassette was shot on my Ibis until I started digging into it and realized they are supposed to look that way.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Keep in mind that the teeth have that "worn" look when brand new, there are lots of seemingly random angles/cuts on the teeth to aid in shifting. When I got back into bikes a year ago I thought my cassette was shot on my Ibis until I started digging into it and realized they are supposed to look that way.

I guess if it aint broke dont fix it .

My chain was jumping gears but new chain was worse....new cassette fixed it.
Have the old one hanging on the wall.....quite a work of art.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles