putting on a new shimano steps computer

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
Hi i have a focus jam2 nearly a year old and only done 70 miles (long story van accident) anyway iv'e noticed a small chip and crack in the shimano computer. It's really odd because the outside glass in fine its internal and iv'e no idea how it could have happened. All works fine and isn't really noticeable as its near the corner but my question is if it gets worse and starts affecting the computer does any one if you can just buy a new computer and swap it straight over or do you need to wire it up to some computer so it can sync with the motor.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Pretty much everything on an EMTB is a consumable or breakable. There are replacement display units available for plugging in.

Just google "shimano steps replacement display" and choose your model.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
a small chip and crack in the shimano computer. It's really odd because the outside glass in fine its internal and iv'e no idea how it could have happened. All works fine and isn't really noticeable
I had one on mine after an OTB, it didn't affect it. Several people have had similar and tried to fix small blemishes with resin, super glue and so on. As long as water isn't getting in, accept it as a battle scar and ignore it.

But if you do need to change it, it should just swap out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles