Kenevo Gen1 Putting a Dual Crown on my 2018 Kenevo Expert

richie_Kenevo

Apr 23, 2022
New Brunswick
I have read some threads on here regarding downgrading fork size from dual to single but none easily spotted talking about the 2018 or 2019 (95% same build) upgrading to the dual fork and what was needed. All the forks I see are straight tube 1-1/8 steerer tubes and the Kenevo is a tapered headtube and trying to wrap my head around how that spacing is filled to make a solid install.

I am about to pull the plug on a 2020 RS Boxxer Ultimate but again it's not tapered and few are from what I have seen and read up on.

So how does a 1-1/8" dual fork steerer tube install onto a tapered headtube without causing fitting issues?
Is there a crown race adapter needed or something I have not seen before?
I assume a different headset bottom maybe?

Last edited:

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
I have read some threads on here regarding downgrading fork size from dual to single but none easily spotted talking about the 2018 or 2019 (95% same build) upgrading to the dual fork and what was needed. All the forks I see are straight tube 1-1/8 steerer tubes and the Kenevo is a tapered headtube and trying to wrap my head around how that spacing is filled to make a solid install.

I am about to pull the plug on a 2020 RS Boxxer Ultimate but again it's not tapered and few are from what I have seen and read up on.

So how does a 1-1/8" dual fork steerer tube install onto a tapered headtube without causing fitting issues?
Is there a crown race adapter needed or something I have not seen before?
I assume a different headset bottom maybe?

Dfriz

Mar 16, 2018
USA
Just need bottom race adapter (y)

20220126_132357.jpg

richie_Kenevo

Apr 23, 2022
New Brunswick

View attachment 86979
Thank you so much and there are some great people on here that reply.

Does it matter on brand for compatibility? I assume the standard internal headset and not integrated or external? Seems like all I see are IS (integrated only). On top of that, anyone without an FSA headset did not have a good install.

Last edited:

richie_Kenevo

Apr 23, 2022
New Brunswick

View attachment 86979
Hey Dfriz,

My crown race did not work and I put another post about it to see if anyone has suggestions or brands that worked. yOu can see from the photo there is a 4-5 mm gap and the tapper stopping it from resting on the crown race correctly. I put it all together and after a few minutes, the fork steerer tube has play in it as the headset moved.

Used this crown race and the taper was way off. The headset is original. FSA 1.5" Alloy Reducer ZS Crown Race

IMG_5529.png

tempImagei5RxHn.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Looks like the bearing is the wrong way up from that pic although it's all so dirty I can't tell for sure. Regardless the cane creek 40 adapter is way better.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles