Product Image:
F2D7D285-C10D-4BAD-A211-91316C1B90BF.jpeg

33C87BFE-FAF8-451F-BFE9-A274D39CBE59.jpeg

2F796A5D-AC3E-4110-BC04-DE82C9FF682A.jpeg

Product name: Push ElevenSix Coil Shock
Price paid: £1300
Score (out of 10): 9

Push's New ElevenSix Coil Shock Has Hydraulic Bottom Out Control - Pinkbike

Review: Fitted the new Push ElevenSix to my Levo this weekend. It’s the newer version which has a number of differences as listed in the Pinkbike review and now available for Specialized Stumpjumper/Levo’s.

Fitment is spot on, simplicity of set up is excellent as it is set up from factory with bike/rider weight/riding style in mind, even the sag was spot on, I love tinkering but not found the need to on this.
As a comparison I have had both Fox & Ohlins coils fitted to this and other/previous Levo’s & Stumpjumpers so familiar with coils & what I personally want from them. Have favoured the Ohlins but the Push seams to be better for me straight out of the box.

Initially shop floor test (you know the very important one where everyone sits on it and bounces up and down nodding their head?) Passed?
Feels like it has good support and quite poppy off the top.

Out on the trail that same feeling translates over, makes the bike want to pop off bumps/jumps/roots, something I’ve struggled to get other shocks to do on ebikes without going with a much heavier spring that I should really ride with for my weight, interestingly Push had a 50lbs less spring than fitted to both my Fox & Ohlins.
Once things got rougher it seams to do the exact opposite and suck everything up sticking to the floor and you can feel the damping work & control it throughout.

Only had it a few days, these are just my initial thoughts based on half dozen short rides on steeper techie trails and some loam bashing.

Will update once ridden more.

Score wise would give 10 out of 10 but knocked it down on one thing.....price!
It’s a lot of money for a shock, but I can understand it’s small production item, beautifully finished and as it works this well out of the box then it’s saved me the hassle & cost of tuning. My previous favourite Ohlins had to be sent off for tuning (twice) and tried two different springs at £90 odd each, one of which sits in a spares draw, if I factor that hidden cost in they are probably much closer in price.

Last edited:

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Thanks for a great write up! Looking forward to hear back when you have more time on it. Enjoy!

Also would be really interesting to see how this shock would work on a Levo SL as well.

Discussed this with Push as fitment is the same but hasn’t been tested for SL yet. This one is intended for the SL I’m building up, couldn’t resist fitting it to Levo first. Will keep the review updated as we go if enough are interested.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I love the engineering in these shocks, and that new version is certainly hot off the press, I didn't even think you could get hold of them yet!

Villbass

Sep 23, 2019
Drammen, Norway
Discussed this with Push as fitment is the same but hasn’t been tested for SL yet. This one is intended for the SL I’m building up, couldn’t resist fitting it to Levo first. Will keep the review updated as we go if enough are interested.

Nice! Looking even more forward to hear back after some testing! Have fun with it!

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Would be curious how this goes as well!

Interesting note - working with Cascade Engineering on testing their progressive linkage, and it would seem that the Levo and the Levo SL have different linkages stock. The SL is the same as the Stumpumper(s). Wonder if the shock base tune from Push for the Stumpjumper would be closer to the SL than the shock made for the standard Levo?

Edit: Also would want to know how it fits with the Range Extender on the SL. If that's a test you can run, that would rock!

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Would be curious how this goes as well!

Interesting note - working with Cascade Engineering on testing their progressive linkage, and it would seem that the Levo and the Levo SL have different linkages stock. The SL is the same as the Stumpumper(s). Wonder if the shock base tune from Push for the Stumpjumper would be closer to the SL than the shock made for the standard Levo?

Edit: Also would want to know how it fits with the Range Extender on the SL. If that's a test you can run, that would rock!

JC, will do, i’m in the final stages of the SL build, and will compare the linkage as that’s currently off the bike.
Would be interested in your thoughts & review on the Cascade linkage as I’m considering of those.

Have a stumpy aswell so will check out the differences along with the range extender info but from just looking at it all the gubbins sit pretty high up and tight to the top, certainly more room than your standard ‘piggy back’ shock?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
JC, will do, i’m in the final stages of the SL build, and will compare the linkage as that’s currently off the bike.
Would be interested in your thoughts & review on the Cascade linkage as I’m considering of those.

Have a stumpy aswell so will check out the differences along with the range extender info but from just looking at it all the gubbins sit pretty high up and tight to the top, certainly more room than your standard ‘piggy back’ shock?

Yeah - I plan on doing a writeup soon. Cascade is still tweaking the fit a bit with me before releasing it. Overall - I like what it does to the bike. Makes it more progressive in all the right ways.

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
I should get my new EXT Storia Lok 3 today or Monday for my new SL. I ordered it from Brennan Autosport. I got the 210x55 and it comes with the 550 and 575 lb springs. I am riding a L size SL and I am 5'11" tall and weigh about 192 lbs with all my riding gear on. I'll keep everyone updated with the ride characteristics.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I should get my new EXT Storia Lok 3 today or Monday for my new SL. I ordered it from Brennan Autosport. I got the 210x55 and it comes with the 550 and 575 lb springs. I am riding a L size SL and I am 5'11" tall and weigh about 192 lbs with all my riding gear on. I'll keep everyone updated with the ride characteristics.
That’s high on the list as well! Did brennan tune it for the SL and your specs ?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
FWIW - my local tuner who is an official PUSH supplier/tuner said that PUSH is going to use the same exact shock for the Levo and the Levo SL. Not a seperate tune.

Interesting on that actually given that the stock DPS tunes between a Levo Expert and an SL are different.

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Well couple of months in and who knew I’d have so much time to test this bad boy out?
Hope you’ve all been staying safe but the lockdown has allowed more than normal amount of rides so thought it would be good time update the review.

So far I’ve covered just over 500 miles on this set up, fork changed out from the Ohlins to a Rockshox 160mm Lyrik Ultimate and they match really well with the Push ElevenSix.
Adjustment wise I’ve stuck pretty much to the initial settings but just fine tuned the softer of the two to suit a particular loamy area I ride. The other setting is perfect for the Hindhead runs close to home.
To me one of the best things about this shock, particularly for an ebike is that you don’t have the pointless ‘climb’ setting, just two individual set ups which I use for the two different terrains I tend to ride. Flick forward for Hindhead, back for loam bashing?
Next move is to get the Push HC97 valve fitted to the Lyriks, hoping that will be a killer combo?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Well couple of months in and who knew I’d have so much time to test this bad boy out?
Hope you’ve all been staying safe but the lockdown has allowed more than normal amount of rides so thought it would be good time update the review.

So far I’ve covered just over 500 miles on this set up, fork changed out from the Ohlins to a Rockshox 160mm Lyrik Ultimate and they match really well with the Push ElevenSix.
Adjustment wise I’ve stuck pretty much to the initial settings but just fine tuned the softer of the two to suit a particular loamy area I ride. The other setting is perfect for the Hindhead runs close to home.
To me one of the best things about this shock, particularly for an ebike is that you don’t have the pointless ‘climb’ setting, just two individual set ups which I use for the two different terrains I tend to ride. Flick forward for Hindhead, back for loam bashing?
Next move is to get the Push HC97 valve fitted to the Lyriks, hoping that will be a killer combo?
I would try to get a DSD Runt first on the Lyrik. Makes it more "coil-like" with dual air chambers allowing for more midstroke, more supple initial, better bottom out without warping the curve with tokens.. Made a bigger difference than the HC97 (i have both on my lyrik). HC97 smooths out the "notches" on high speed hits, allows for a firmer yet supportive ride.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.

Have you fitted the ACS3? If not I can recommend. I had it fitted recently to my Lyric and it has transformed the bike. I have been recommended to the HC97 by others on this forum but my existing RCT3 damper has been improved by Jake at Sprung Suspension and I’m not sure things will get that much better.

73Steff

E*POWAH Master
Sep 11, 2018
Haslemere Surrey
Have you fitted the ACS3? If not I can recommend. I had it fitted recently to my Lyric and it has transformed the bike. I have been recommended to the HC97 by others on this forum but my existing RCT3 damper has been improved by Jake at Sprung Suspension and I’m not sure things will get that much better.

I’ve have the ACS3 coil kit fitted to my Fox 36’s on my Stumpy Evo for a while, really like them and match the Fox coil fitted to that bike well.

Quite like the damping on the a Rockshox so will test out the coil kit on one of my sets and see how it stacks up but the Push HC97 damper looks awesome...I do love more knobs to fiddle?

h3ld

Aug 30, 2020
Heidelberg
Has anyone meanwhile tested the cascade link together with the Push Elevensix?
I have the 11.6 on my current ride since a few days and it‘s the best so far. Nevertheless always looking to further improve.

Also Cascade recommends 700 lbs spring rate for 82 kg riders like me, but Push only offers up to 625 lbs...

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Has anyone meanwhile tested the cascade link together with the Push Elevensix?
I have the 11.6 on my current ride since a few days and it‘s the best so far. Nevertheless always looking to further improve.

Also Cascade recommends 700 lbs spring rate for 82 kg riders like me, but Push only offers up to 625 lbs...
I have a CC link plus a ext storia on my SL, which will be fairly similar. I found that that spring rate chart was estimated high for me. I should be at “650lb” per CC, but I find anywhere between 550-600lb pretty dialed based on terrain. I am running the sprindex adjustable coil so it’s easy to change in a ride

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I also found the CC link spring rate estimated too high for me also. I am running the EXT Storia Lok 3 on my Levo with a 575lb spring. I am about 187 lbs with riding gear.
I am about there as well. ~ 180lb (w/out riding gear). Using the sprindex, I usually end up in the 560-590 depending on terrain.

Ddc6284

Oct 30, 2018
Saint Louis MO
I have a New Elevensix 210x 52.5 otw... I was wanting to get the Cascade link. When I asked Push about the match up... They said... We don't support changing to any after-market link. Change in kinematics etc.

I can't find much info online. Can anyone please tell me about positive or negitve experiences with the Cascade.

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
So, I just tried fitting an 11.6 on my Large SL, and I’m getting a bit of rubbing on the frame when unloaded. This can’t be normal or good. What could I be doing wrong?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
We had a guy rocking the EXT at the bike park; he hated it.
I have a push on my wreckoning. The push is plush and poppy.
the EXT has almost no pop. It’s just squishy like a memory foam mattress. Good for speed I think but not For jibbing and making a ride a party.

had to switch the spring push sent me tho. It is way too light for big air. 450 per charts but got 475 and 500. 474 is great for everything and 500 is great for jump lines. 450 would be good for sitting on my ass
Funny- I found the opposite with my ext. lots of pop (for coil), not as plush off the top as I would have wanted for chatter unless I ran a low spring rate. High speed was great and composed. Their tunes really come into play case by case I think

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles