• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Push ACS3 conversion question.

johnc

Oct 13, 2018
Scotland/East Midlands
Thinking of converting my air forks to coil with Push ACS3. Has anybody done this and did you have to factor in extra weight of e-bike when calculating spring strength.
Cheers.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Technically you do! But everyone has their own preference on how your fork should feel. I weight about 215 on a F36 170mm fork. Black spring is for 210-235lbs and Green is for 185-210lbs. I was lucky, my brother had both Black and Green spring. I started with the Black for several rides and thought it was just a touch to stiff. Put the Green spring in and now the fork feels incredible!

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
Its pretty straight forward to install but makes a world of a difference as far as small bump and mid travel support. I have it on my Nomad and Turbo Levo Comp. To me its a no brainer for that shitty ass fork the Levo Comp comes with. Plus, I went with a larger coil to increase my travel from 150mm to 160mm. Not sure if you can do it with a Fox set up though.

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Yes. I immediately converted my 160 Yari to 170 with ACS-3 and Push HC-97. Fabulous upgrade.

I highly recommend emailing Push directly for spring recommendations. They have this process dialed in tight.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles