Punishment ideas please!

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
I came home from holiday and went to ride my bike. It was on my stand and locked in my garage. As I went to ride it I found
My new peddles £100 on left was badly scuffed.
My left bar end badly scuffed.
My rear wheel spindle lever badly scuffed
My saddle badly scuffed.

My teen son sneaked our on it for a run and crashed it pratting about. He fessed when I confronted him with the indisputable evidence!
I have used wet and dried the scuffs and painted you can’t notice Them and the saddle edge plastic was filed and the same and you can’t notice. Peddle is scuffed still!
please provide me with a suitable punishment and the most inventive punishment you can come up with I will use! And post the evidence !!!
LITTLE SOD 16 yrs old

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Long ago I would have said make the little shgit wear a dress to school - but sadly that is not punishment these days.
To punish him I think all you can do is take away his phone/tablet/pc and make him go netless for a week. Of course, he will call Child Welfare on you and you will be pillorised for cruel and unusual punishment, but you will have got your point across.

Then again, you could always take the cost of new parts out of his allowance.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Be proud that he fessed up and told the truth. Anyway, he was probably riding it as it was intended, and not like an old man....like his dad ;-)
I love it! Yea you’re right on the riding, But he only fessed whilst I was gripping him by his throat and swearing through clenched teeth???

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Be thankful he didn't take out your H2 instead..

Lots of wet winter rides to be had soon, with the added bonus, that you won't have to pay him a fiver a ride, to clean it.

Top job, well done son (y)

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I love it! Yea you’re right on the riding, But he only fessed whilst I was gripping him by his throat and swearing through clenched teeth???
Haah, a Homer and Bart Simpson moment.
Just put a lock on the bike from now on and make sure you always hide your car keys from him!

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Be thankful he didn't take out your H2 instead..

Lots of wet winter rides to be had soon, with the added bonus, that you won't have to pay him a fiver a ride, to clean it.

Top job, well done son (y)

i think you’re right on the free cleans! He’s not daft enough to play with the H2... if the bike didn’t kill him his dad would have if he so much as glanced at it for a ride!!!!

Pabs

Jul 27, 2019
London
Does he own his own bike?

If so you could play the long game, make the brakes draggy, hide lead weights inside it and see how long until he notices :p

You could also ride alongside singing the praises of e bikes up hills depending how far you wanna take it.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
To discipline my kids (they're both grownups and left home now), I used to threaten them verbally - "if you you ever do that again, I'm gonna buy myself something nice and totally undeserved!!" I use a loud and angry voice and watch the confused looks on their faces as they struggle to process the oxymoron.

The initial shock makes them remember the gravity of their offence, but then when the humour kicks in they realise that we're still friends. Make sure you do this in front of their mother... to justify when you collect the spoils of their misbehaviour.

There is a downside... you get nothing if they start behaving like responsible adults. :mad::giggle:

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
The lad is 16 , many of us would have done same ?, play the very enjoyable long game.Over the years he’ll bring friends around, he’ll have girlfriends , there will be many occasions where you can embarrass him.??
It’s a given, he just doesn’t realise it yet, it’s character building ??
He’s actually done you a favour, the first scuffs are the worst scuffs, everything after that is battle scars ✔️

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
He’s not daft enough to play with the H2... if the bike didn’t kill him his dad would have if he so much as glanced at it for a ride!!!!
I was daft enough to take my brothers H2 for a ride when I was 14. Dropped it at the end of the street and thought FARK, he is gonna kill me. Then his race sponsor called by the evening to take it to the workshop and repair the damage from a race crash he had the previous Sunday.
I didn't notice it was it was on the off side from the side door and I didn't look too hard. Was only 2 of them in the country at the time so I was really thinking I was dead.
Then again, I tried to start his RT1 a year or so earlier and broke my leg when it kicked back.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
When I done the same thing to my brothers bmx when I was 12 I got a good old fashioned beating. Never stole the bike again and now we ride together!

I’m all in for justified “child abuse”

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
So I assume you were a saint and never did anything as a kid?
You don’t do anything he’s just doing what kids do......
By now he knows your unhappy that’s enough.....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So I assume you were a saint and never did anything as a kid?
You don’t do anything he’s just doing what kids do......
By now he knows your unhappy that’s enough.....

Shifty's real name is Simon Templar ..

I think you'll find it was meant in jest ! He doesn't have the kid caged at home waiting for us moron's to help him educate his son.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles