Protecting the Kiox (Holder)

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
I don't want to fit the Kiox permanently. Much prefer to take it on & off. Seems safer somehow.
BUT
Driving home in the rain today I wondered if I should protect the holder in some way from the usual Scottish weather. Is it worth protecting in some way & if so how? Cling film?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
it doesn't need it. I've ridden home in near monsoon rain its perfectly safe and the glass is Gorilla glass. I use the Kiox lock feature so I have to remove it to deactivate the motor

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
it doesn't need it. I've ridden home in near monsoon rain its perfectly safe and the glass is Gorilla glass. I use the Kiox lock feature so I have to remove it to deactivate the motor
Yep I agree but it's the holder I'm "worried" about with the contacts getting all that nice wetting Scottish weather.??

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Yep I agree but it's the holder I'm "worried" about with the contacts getting all that nice wetting Scottish weather.??
mines not connected to the handle bars, its connected to the stem. Which is ideal if like me you get a puncture and need to get the bike upside down to repair

20200706.jpg

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
mines not connected to the handle bars, its connected to the stem. Which is ideal if like me you get a puncture and need to get the bike upside down to repair
I think that we might be a bit at cross purposes here. I probably wasn't too clear what my "problem" is. If there is one.

I transport the bike on a rack on the back of the car. Kiox is removed and sits safely in the car.
BUT
The contacts for the Kiox are exposed to the elements while the bike is transported. My concern is: Will the contacts for the Kiox suffer in the long or even short term by being exposed to the traditional Scottish weather of rain, snow, ice and etc.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
oh i see said the blind man to his wife who was deaf.. I don't drive and my only form of transport is the bike. But for your piece of mind i'd go with the cling film option

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles