Product Image:
20181130_171217.jpg

20181130_171222.jpg

20181130_171243.jpg

20181130_171250.jpg

Product name: Proper Cleaner by Guy Martin
Price paid: £13.00
Score (out of 10): To be rated in part two

Review: At the moment I've got some of Halfords own brand bike cleaner as it came in a bucket with brushes, sponge, degreaser, lube etc for £10, but I digress.
Some how this popped up while I was surfing the Interweb, so popped onto the site for a look.
For 13 English pounds you got, a spray bottle, 3 cleaning capsules (for want of a better descriptive word) and a front mud guard, which is an optional extra.
I must admit that I ordered it last week and had for gotten about it until the postie hammered on the door this morning.
I guess I bought some because it's plugged by Guy Martin, anybody who hurtles round the Isle of Man at those speeds gets my vote. He has also done some interesting TV shows, plus he seems an all round great bloke. Someone on here now will tell me they've met him and hes a *$!&+!
I must say that when I saw the mud guard I thought, "Oh! so I have to supply my own cable ties", but there is a small roll of hook and loop stuff attached to the back.
Now the idea of the cleaner is that you not, if you're buying mail order, paying for the weight of the water to posted. Different if you, like most us just pop into the LBS and buy it. But we must still pay for the cost of shipping that weight somewhere along the chain.
So you get the bottle and fill it to the line marked with water, add one of the capsule thing-a-bobs, leave for 20 seconds, shake and use.
Now there will be a part two to this review when I've actually used it and I do have a muddy bike to clean but it lives in my detached garage which has no power to it and it's dark out now, I know, excuses, excuses. But it will get done this weekend.
Here's a linky to the site. Proper Cleaner
If anyone has used it let me know your thoughts.
Cheers!

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Aahh … the suspense … waiting to find out the rating :)

But the design and idea looks good so far.
To be honest, as I've only used the Halfords cleaner that's all I compare it to.
I should off aded in the review that you get three capsules in a pack which is enough for 1.5 litres of cleaner.
Edit: I told a lie. It's two capsules that make 750ml each.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 7464

I've met him a couple of times and he seems a top bloke to me ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles