Propain eMTB

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Another direct to customer company producing an eMTB.
170mm front/165mm rear
or
150mm/150mm

Ekano 2019 - Propain Bikes EN
Ekano_Galerie1_Schrägvorne.png

Ekano_Galerie1_Seite.png

Last edited:

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Got the new Shimano internal battery I see... Don't know much about it. Easily removable?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Actual Geo numbers and LC/AS graphs etc.would be nice.
adjustable geometry (done well) is definitely something worth having. although not to adjust it other than to initial set-up pref. A properly low/slack setting option would be nice instead of the cautious BB heights/HAs most Emtbs have in their low setting.
looks 'quite' nice for an Emtb but there's no way I'd buy one unless they offer alternative colours. Yellow is my unlucky colour [truestory]

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Actual Geo numbers and LC/AS graphs etc.would be nice.
adjustable geometry (done well) is definitely something worth having. although not to adjust it other than to initial set-up pref. A properly low/slack setting option would be nice instead of the cautious BB heights/HAs most Emtbs have in their low setting.
looks 'quite' nice for an Emtb but there's no way I'd buy one unless they offer alternative colours. Yellow is my unlucky colour [truestory]

"The EKANO comes in three different colours which are Venomblack, Lime and Osloblue. Like all our other bikes you can combine your favourite frame colour with a large variety of decal colours and matching Sixpack components to build your dream bike."

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
bigger hoops alone f&r will not alter reach
29 front 275 rear will shorten reach
longer axle to crown alone will shorten reach
longer shock eye to eye alone will lengthen reach

Reach isn't actaully all that great a measurement for someone who actually understands frame sizing. full tube lengths incl angles and DOWNTUBE measurement (centre lower headtube to centre BB) is far more helpful.

Thanks for the geo chart info

it's too conservative on both H/A and BB height IMO

#FKFashion :(

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
bigger hoops alone f&r will not alter reach
29 front 275 rear will shorten reach
longer axle to crown alone will shorten reach
longer shock eye to eye alone will lengthen reach

Reach isn't actaully all that great a measurement for someone who actually understands frame sizing. full tube lengths incl angles and DOWNTUBE measurement (centre lower headtube to centre BB) is far more helpful.

Thanks for the geo chart info

it's too conservative on both H/A and BB height IMO

#FKFashion :(

You seem far more clued up than me, I was just reporting the reduction in reach they’re showing as you increase travel and wheel size.

As you’ve suggested I’m sure there are more beneficial ways of looking at geo, I’m still learning, but I like 460 - 470 reach for comfort and stability.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Last edited:

Lusankya

Jun 26, 2019
Isle of Wight
Hi has anyone got one of these yet? I am close to ordering one but waiting for some feedback that it is not a total dog.

Found this review, anyone speak German?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles