Problem EP8 display shut down - tuning

roupenwomix

May 15, 2022
Belgium
Hello,

I have just received a new E mtb a few weeks ago. It has an EP8 motor. The bike is a canyon grand canyon:ON 9. I did a few small trips. Since my friends are running harder then 25 km/h I have installed the e-tuning application. With an older firmware 4.0.2 and USA setting (32km/h) everything was fine. Standard from factory it had the 4.1.7 firmware.
Today I have changed some settings with the wheel diameter to go a bit faster but suddenly the screen shut down after +/- 10 minutes of driving.
Back to the old settings but nothing has changed, the display kept "crashing" every +/- 10 minutes.
When I got home, i could'nt get the display started.. I would like to install a newer firmware with standard shimano settings to get everything back on track. When i press the start button, it lights up and then dies after some seconds. But the screen keeps black..

What can I try to get the display back running? Since the bike is new, I would nog like to loose warranty when I bring it back to my service dealer. Could it be a "security" feature from shimano so that the display crashes when tuning is done? Is it an unfortunate incident that some cables are not good connected so the display doens't light up? (since the bike has just done some hours of running, this would be strange?).

Also with the battery charger connected, the display doesn't show "shimano steps" anymore.
Also a full recharge and reset of the battery didn’t help.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles