Price increases

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
Can someone please tell me when this mythical time was, that prices didn't increase ?
Maybe mummy and daddy bought your stuff, so you didn't notice.... ?

Quantative Easing (printing money) will continue. It is the only mechanism left in the arsenel of economies across the globe to stave off complete economic collapse. I am not sure how long that can last, so expect far tougher times ahead.
Population grows, expectations grow etc... sadly money, resources and reality do not. Maybe invade your neighbour, and nick theirs.

Brexit, Covid, Ukraine are merely convienient vehicles for governments and dumbed down mass media to hang the blame on.
Coz thats simpler to explain, innit, and make it more palletable for the box-set fed snowflake generation.

In a woke world we can't exploit anyone anymore, money has run out as the inevitable consequence... wake up and get used to it.

Just bought two 700x28mm road bike tyres... £140 :eek:

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
Can someone please tell me when this mythical time was, that prices didn't increase ?

Strawman arguments diminish the argument, yourself, and us all generally. They are best avoided. The point is not that inflation is new but massive inflation is relatively new, I mean we're talking about "forty year highs" and we're not even at the peak yet.

Quantative Easing (printing money) will continue. It is the only mechanism left in the arsenel of economies across the globe to stave off complete economic collapse.

QE (insuring the assets of the richest 0.1% in the hope of some trickle-down effect) is one tool in the box, the other is "Helicopter Payments", e.g. stimulus payments. Look at the (total) amount handed out in QE then look at the (total) amount handed out by HP, those numbers should be the other way round.

Basically if the state is going to borrow money from your children, they should be giving it to you not to Goldman Sachs, not just for the inherent morality of it, but you'll use that money IN the economy.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Strawman arguments diminish the argument, yourself, and us all generally. They are best avoided. The point is not that inflation is new but massive inflation is relatively new, I mean we're talking about "forty year highs" and we're not even at the peak yet.

QE (insuring the assets of the richest 0.1% in the hope of some trickle-down effect) is one tool in the box, the other is "Helicopter Payments", e.g. stimulus payments. Look at the (total) amount handed out in QE then look at the (total) amount handed out by HP, those numbers should be the other way round.

Basically if the state is going to borrow money from your children, they should be giving it to you not to Goldman Sachs, not just for the inherent morality of it, but you'll use that money IN the economy.
Not easy commenting on the global situation but as far as the UK is concerned todays economy is not comparable with previous periods of inflation. The "basket of prices" inflation index does not tell the whole story. If I compare today to 40 years ago which is when I bought my second house, my mortgage rate went up to 12%...........compare that to the very low mortgage rates enjoyed by many for quite a few years now................food overall was much more expensive before the big supermarket chains grabbed most of the market share, manufactured goods were expensive prior to the massive growth of those goods in the Far East.
Years of inflation at that time made money tight but there were some hidden benefits in terms of wage and house value inflation.........assuming you had a good employer and a mortgage!
In recent years inflation has been kept largely below 2% p.a. ( until the pandemic) but that has also meant interest on savings ( which many retired folk depend on) has been next to zero.
Swings and roundabouts!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The young people enjoying low interest rates are doing so on massive mortgages. The old people not getting much savings interest are often sitting on a huge asset that they could draw in income from.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You must work for Specialized or one of the other big brands LOL ha! ha!
I have not worked for anyone for more than 16 years now. EMTB is not a necessity, its a luxury I choose to have..........and pay the retail price!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Maybe mummy and daddy bought your stuff, so you didn't notice.... ?

Quantative Easing (printing money) will continue. It is the only mechanism left in the arsenel of economies across the globe to stave off complete economic collapse. I am not sure how long that can last, so expect far tougher times ahead.
Population grows, expectations grow etc... sadly money, resources and reality do not. Maybe invade your neighbour, and nick theirs.

Brexit, Covid, Ukraine are merely convienient vehicles for governments and dumbed down mass media to hang the blame on.
Coz thats simpler to explain, innit, and make it more palletable for the box-set fed snowflake generation.

In a woke world we can't exploit anyone anymore, money has run out as the inevitable consequence... wake up and get used to it.

Just bought two 700x28mm road bike tyres... £140 :eek:
..........or reduce costs and increase income by enabling greater inward investment and boosting trade/exports. Takes longer but is more sustainable.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
All this $$ is small stuff.
The problem goes back 100 years ago. In what we call rich contries, farmers
moved to the cities. They became disconnected with reality. On a farm, in nature
we face weather, challenges but for the last 50 years air conditioning became the norm.
Destroying the planet became the norm. With credit people think they are rich.
They just pile up tons of debts for the next generations. Just look at the electric cars.
Many get large subventions but use electricity from a polluting source.
In Quebec many older people died from covid but the reason is our system
is based on sickness. A system based on health cost way much less and saves lives.
People are addicted to sugar, coffee, ***good drugs*** the ones from big pharma.
The reality is people who pop many pills daily died but this remains secret.
The medias tell what the billionnaires want.
Consuming is just an other drug, a bad habit.
So many humans could be part of the solutions but just keep on repeating mistakes.
How many share a ride?
Now they are complaining about the coast of fuel. The majority is part of the problem.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
All this $$ is small stuff.
The problem goes back 100 years ago. In what we call rich contries, farmers
moved to the cities. They became disconnected with reality. On a farm, in nature
we face weather, challenges but for the last 50 years air conditioning became the norm.
Destroying the planet became the norm. With credit people think they are rich.
They just pile up tons of debts for the next generations. Just look at the electric cars.
Many get large subventions but use electricity from a polluting source.
In Quebec many older people died from covid but the reason is our system
is based on sickness. A system based on health cost way much less and saves lives.
People are addicted to sugar, coffee, ***good drugs*** the ones from big pharma.
The reality is people who pop many pills daily died but this remains secret.
The medias tell what the billionnaires want.
Consuming is just an other drug, a bad habit.
So many humans could be part of the solutions but just keep on repeating mistakes.
How many share a ride?
Now they are complaining about the coast of fuel. The majority is part of the problem.
Mate ….. he only asked about hailbike price rise ☺️

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
"We should never have left the farms."
"Nevermind the farms, we should never have developed agriculture."
"Nevermind agriculture, we never should have stopped being migration hunter-gatherers."
"Nevermind hunter-gathering, we shouldn't have come down from the trees."
"Nevermind the trees, we never should have crawled out the sea..."

(With thanks and apologies to Douglas Adams. I am, unfortunately, on Ark Fleet Ship B - just like the rest of us)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles