"Poverty" 2019 HT discussion thread.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
How much did that cost?

Not really an easy one to work out........ I purchased a set of brand new Rockshox Revelations removed from a Levo Comp for my bike to replace the Sektors, however the Revelations were faulty (2 separate faults) and after sending them back to Rockshox twice (the first time they fixed one fault so they were sent back again) they actually sent me a brand new pair of Rockshox Pikes. This left the Sektors "spare" for the other halfs bike. So basically I've upgraded my FSR from Sektors to Pikes and the other halfs HT from Suntour to Sektors for around £350

Sandy

Jun 5, 2019
Scotland
Well that's me back from Aviemore, enjoyed my tmars suspension seatpost, took most of the anus wrecking bumps in its stride.

One Levo question though, how do you control a wheelie? Was doing some "practice" and it went badly wrong when I accidentally pedalled (like 2mm of foot travel) and the bike took off lol and I landed on my back. Hurt my pride more than my poor old back but the sound of my wildly self driving (still wheelieing) bike clattering into a fence brought a concerned home owner out to check I was ok lol.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well that's me back from Aviemore, enjoyed my tmars suspension seatpost, took most of the anus wrecking bumps in its stride.

One Levo question though, how do you control a wheelie? Was doing some "practice" and it went badly wrong when I accidentally pedalled (like 2mm of foot travel) and the bike took off lol and I landed on my back. Hurt my pride more than my poor old back but the sound of my wildly self driving (still wheelieing) bike clattering into a fence brought a concerned home owner out to check I was ok lol.

Glad to hear you're ok .. I'm in the same boat (or on the same ground...) No.1 tip .. always keep a finger on the back brake lever !! ALWAYS !

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I'm looking at changing the 'shocking' standard forks on mine, any recommendations? Nothing too expensive, would I get something decent for around £3/400?

Also, is it a relatively straightforward job to change them?

edymonster

Aug 10, 2019
Horsham
I'm looking at changing the 'shocking' standard forks on mine, any recommendations? Nothing too expensive, would I get something decent for around £3/400?

Also, is it a relatively straightforward job to change them?

I would be interested to know that to.

Also what's people's battery like with the Levo HT?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
image.jpg

I put a 140mm FOX 34 on my wife’s HT, I got it from eBay almost brand new from another guy that upgraded his bike. Many good offers also here on this site from people upgrading. Going 140-150 mm travel does not put the geometry that far off and actually makes the bike a bit more stable.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Hoping someone can help me out got a 2019 levo ht and managed to get some rockshox pike rc from a 2017 levo expert that had on 50 miles on but when I looked at fitting them the fork crown is thicker on the pike what am I in need of for these to fit is it just a 1 1/2 inch to 1 1/8 reducer or something else?
Cheers

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hoping someone can help me out got a 2019 levo ht and managed to get some rockshox pike rc from a 2017 levo expert that had on 50 miles on but when I looked at fitting them the fork crown is thicker on the pike what am I in need of for these to fit is it just a 1 1/2 inch to 1 1/8 reducer or something else?
Cheers
The piece of bent piping you have just taken off your lovely HT does not even have a stepped steerer for strength. What you will need is like this or similar:

PRO Headset Lower Part 1.5 Inches IS52/40

I learned the exact same lesson when I installed the FOX 34 on my wife’s HT.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Sounds good once I got forks sorted might try something with the brakes I got some spare 200mm rotors off my levo expert so might fit those and go from there.

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Quick question if anyone knows the answer I put on the rockshox pikes and and I have a spare set of 200mm rotors what adapter do I need to put the 200mm rotors on the front and rear I'm a little unsure of what I need
Cheers

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
ive come to the conclusion that 200mm front and 180mm rear is the max you can fit as the bike comes with 160mm rear and already as a 20mm post adapter so to go up 40mm would need a 60mm adapter and the front already as a 20mm adapter so would need a 40mm post adapter to fit 200mm or am i missing something?

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
ive come to the conclusion that 200mm front and 180mm rear is the max you can fit as the bike comes with 160mm rear and already as a 20mm post adapter so to go up 40mm would need a 60mm adapter and the front already as a 20mm adapter so would need a 40mm post adapter to fit 200mm or am i missing something?
image.jpg

image.jpg

I kindly disagree based on above picture of my wife’s 2019 women version of the Levo HT ;)

It’s like stealing candy from a kid to install a 200 mm setup at the back, what you see is a SRAM 200mm Guide RE setup originally from my own Levo FS.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Erm not sure where I'm going wrong my bike came with 160mm rear and had a 20mm adapter already so what ur saying is going up 40mm on the disc only needs the adapter going up from 20mm to 40mm?
Also the rockshox forks I fitted I put the 200mm disc on but the caliper wont fit with 20mm adapter tried this afternoon.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Erm not sure where I'm going wrong my bike came with 160mm rear and had a 20mm adapter already so what ur saying is going up 40mm on the disc only needs the adapter going up from 20mm to 40mm?
Also the rockshox forks I fitted I put the 200mm disc on but the caliper wont fit with 20mm adapter tried this afternoon.
My wife’s 2019 Levo came with a 180 mm disc front and rear. At the rear it’s 160mm direct mount hence a +40mm adapter to go 200 mm.

I have never heard about a 160mm disc on any Levo. I think you better check the diameter one more time.

What Rockshox fork is that, year and model?

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Just an add on after checking specifications for the Levo HT, all versions are sold with 180 front and rear.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
I fitted rockshox pikes which came off 2017 levo expert 140 mm travel I put the 200mm disc on with 20mm mount and the caliper wont fit hits the disc
regarding rear I will measure it in morning but evans cycles isn't the only uk bike shop that lists it as 160mm rear and it does look smaller than front but I double check in morning.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I fitted rockshox pikes which came off 2017 levo expert 140 mm travel I put the 200mm disc on with 20mm mount and the caliper wont fit hits the disc
regarding rear I will measure it in morning but evans cycles isn't the only uk bike shop that lists it as 160mm rear and it does look smaller than front but I double check in morning.
It could be that they for some odd reason fitted a smaller disc on the UK market but then I’m sure the caliper is mounted directly without an adapter(direct mount), I can simply not believe they also made a different frame for UK only. As it’s a bit older fork you will also need a +40mm adapter there as apparently the 2017 Pike is a 160mm direct mount too.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Yeah gonna get a 40mm for front I double check size on rear rotor but I read in another thread how someone put a 200mm on front and took the 180 off and fitted to rear to up that from 160 so dunno what the score is but thx for all your help so far
Cheers

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Right checked size this morning you was correct came with 180mm rear disc my apologies the lbs had it listed as 160mm which was incorrect I ordered 2x40mm adapters and managed to pick up a set of code r brakes nearly new for £100 so that's the forks and brakes sorted just wish there was a way for the 1.2e motor to produce same power as the 1.3.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Right checked size this morning you was correct came with 180mm rear disc my apologies the lbs had it listed as 160mm which was incorrect I ordered 2x40mm adapters and managed to pick up a set of code r brakes nearly new for £100 so that's the forks and brakes sorted just wish there was a way for the 1.2e motor to produce same power as the 1.3.
That’s good and a good prize for the brakes as well. It will be a significant upgrade to the shitty brakes it came with. A motor upgrade to 1.3 is a plug and play upgrade if you can find motor. Cost vice it might not make sense. Sell your HT and buy a good second hand 2018 Levo FS would be a better deal in the end.

Karsten

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
I already have a 2019 levo expert the ht is just for commuting on to work etc on fire roads and such I was under the impression that the only difference between 1.3 and 1.2e was firmware but not sure myself.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
T Levo 2019 Expert. (July 2019)
New Enve M7 Bars and Stem.
Crank Brothers Stamp 3 pedals
Hope Cranks
Hope 36T chainring
DT Swiss HX1501 Wheels
Maxxis Assegai front and Aggressor rear tyres
Ergon Grips

Seat will be upgraded next, Forks and rear shock before next year I would expect, oh and new dropper post the standard one is completely undamped.

So will probably end up with the frame, gears and code R brakes + battery and motor from original.

So poverty is a real option :)

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
There's a cheap upgrade option, wash the motor weekly with a pressure washer and pay the difference when it fails, best done in winter! ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles