Post your modded Levo’s!

pietro

Jan 4, 2019
Itlay
I use a 30t chainring as well, I live in the Alps and on the long steep climbs you save battery by using the easiest gear and a low support.

generoso.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
I originally owned a 2018 Levo and loved it. Sold it for a 2019 Levo and had nothing but problems with it. Ended up returning it to the bike shop. I feel the 2018's are a much better design than the 2019's, much more reliable, the motor is quieter, cant tell a difference in power and can get a heavy discount on them. Also super easy to remove the speed restriction. Happy I went back.

Stringbean

Mar 9, 2019
Cape town
my "modded" (just optically) at this point.

My first thought was to replace the fork with a Fox Factory 36 + the seat post with some Kashima coating, SRAM XX1 cassette/shifter and some Hope brakes with matching color. But to be honest, the bike isn't that bad as it is and these would be expensive upgrades. So firstly I've experimented with an optical-only modification.

I personally like the mixture of blue and gold. What do you guys think?
That looks fantastic.Where did you get the frame decals from?Looks really good.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Anyone here running a 2019 but with 650b wheels.Interested in your opinion.

I did one ride on 27.5 before fitting my winter 29 tyres.

It's a tough choice 27.5 are more fun but 29 rolls and climbs better.

If I was riding the Alps or uplift\park I'd fit the 27.5.

sorry, not the best photo I've taken!

27 and half.jpg

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Did you have to do any modifications for the hope disks to fit? Thank you

A bit yes .
Disc is fractionally thinner , I checked them with a digital verneer caliper .
Literally a few hundredths of a mm
So no problem with them clearing the pads
They are thicker near the hub though but still just about clear the caliper mount
The main problem was the magnet just skims frame
So i filled the ridge of the magnet mount .
Now all good and about a mm clearance

Last edited:

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
Is
Alright, my Levo isn't for sure the most modded one, but I've tried to concentrate to the most relevant updates.

As soon as I got the bike, I knew that I will update the suspension; the stock Revelation with its Motion Control damper just doesn't do justice to the rest of the bike. Hence, I ordered the new Charger 2 damper and updated also '19 model DebonAir spring (160 mm) for it. I also changed the seals into SKF's and assembled everything with SlickHoney. That meant that the fork was as good as it can be: plush but rigid, sensitive but doesn't bottom out too easily. I'm running with 70-72 psi and 1 token.

When I got the frontend working nicely, I noticed that there was room for improvement in the rear as well. In came the Cane Creek Double Barrel coil inline, which I ordered from TF Tuned in the UK. I initially got 600 lbs spring for it, but I changed that to 550 lbs, which means 31-33 % sag under me (87 kg with gear). It took few rides to get the shock tuned up correctly as it has high-speed and low-speed damping adjustments for both compression and rebound, but now everything is setup so that I can just plough through even the most gnarliest single tracks. Plushness is my 1st priority, so the shock will bottom on any bigger drops, but no way harshly so I'm happy.

Other minor updates are EBC brake pads (green stuff) front and rear to stop brake squaling, better grips, custom-made carbon bash plate and a short front fender. I also use Garmin GPSMAP 62s on my handlebar to show topo maps during my rides. Tires are tubeless of course. Next up are 150 mm cranks.

Some bearded guy photobombed me, when I was taking a photo of the bike, sorry about that :cool: I live close to Helsinki, in Finland, next to Baltic sea coast. There are no lifts or shuttles to take me up to mountains (as we don't have any mountains here), but single tracks, rocks and roots we do have.

View attachment 2107
Isn't that a kenevo?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Kinda leaning towards the Ohlins TTX...but I am open at this point.
Im thinking the same
Contacted a few suspension tuners inc TF Tuned and Sprung
Read some interesting posts about custom shocks to get a little more travel
It has been done but companies seem reluctant to get involved
TTX looks like the best option as im thinking of fitting a range extender.
190 x 51 seems to be the way forward.
Fitted with a bike yoke it gives about 8mm more travel

GhostHammerX

Apr 1, 2019
San Tan Valley, AZ
Im thinking the same
Contacted a few suspension tuners inc TF Tuned and Sprung
Read some interesting posts about custom shocks to get a little more travel
It has been done but companies seem reluctant to get involved
TTX looks like the best option as im thinking of fitting a range extender.
190 x 51 seems to be the way forward.
Fitted with a bike yoke it gives about 8mm more travel
Sounds good - make sure to post back here when you do so!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles