Post your modded Levo’s!

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
Made a few mods of late. Enve DH bars (run them on each of my bikes), Roval Traverse SL Carbon wheels with cushcore. Next up has to be the rear shock, I’m checking the coil options thread daily.

APC_0507.jpg

APC_0511.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

I love this thing, it’s just so much fun.

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
^^^ I keep alternating between the bike and that loamy dirt. I’ll take both. #muchfun

Waiting for someone to guinea pig the maxima. Sizeable weight saver and added power and modulation. Thought I remembered that they use shimano pads(not sure). Last day for their “Kickstarter” today. I want to try their top cap/stiffener for single crown forks. Noticeable flex when I had my lyric at 180mm(it all adds up I guess)

6A49510F-64AA-4155-86B3-87B4191F46F7.png

9C665F44-4900-4849-B189-779300AB1883.png

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Made a few mods of late. Enve DH bars (run them on each of my bikes), Roval Traverse SL Carbon wheels with cushcore. Next up has to be the rear shock, I’m checking the coil options thread daily.

View attachment 9267

View attachment 9268

View attachment 9269

I love this thing, it’s just so much fun.
Ha ha, I couldn't resist, deanphoto. Beautiful brand new bike by the way.
I have the same wheels and this is what yours may look like after one year. Yes that is cow poop ( you should have seen the bike jerseys and my shins) just roughly scrubbed off with my finger nails after our run to the top of the mountain on ebikes yesterday on New Year's day, an annual custom that was a lot harder before electric assist. Will have to do a little more cleaning today. But main thing, notice all the rim scratches yikes from rocks hitting the rims. Thank God for furniture polish which mostly tends to hide them after cleaning.
IMG_1915.jpg

BikingLovingMomma

Dec 25, 2018
Texas
Comp XL with a few mods/swaps - Deity Blacklabel 800 bars, Deity Copperhead 50mm stem, ODI Rogue grips, trusty SDG Formula MTR saddle. Custom fork decals from SLIK graphics (PMS 389c matches Hyper really well) View attachment 8736 View attachment 8734 View attachment 8735 .
Also put on clear protection tape from BK Stickers and then overlaid AMS Honeycomb in Black in places for even more protection, mostly from car racks! Running Cush Core in the tyres and now just need the 700wh battery to complete the set up.
I love the RockShox stickers. I am going to order a custom color set. Can you tell me which two colors you used? Were they your own custom colors or from one of their colors? Thanks!

Boosted

Dec 7, 2018
Chichester, West Sussex
Comp XL with a few mods/swaps - Deity Blacklabel 800 bars, Deity Copperhead 50mm stem, ODI Rogue grips, trusty SDG Formula MTR saddle. Custom fork decals from SLIK graphics (PMS 389c matches Hyper really well) View attachment 8736 View attachment 8734 View attachment 8735 .
Also put on clear protection tape from BK Stickers and then overlaid AMS Honeycomb in Black in places for even more protection, mostly from car racks! Running Cush Core in the tyres and now just need the 700wh battery to complete the set up.

Bike looks great ??. Did you use the XXL size AMS Kit?

Robser

Jan 11, 2019
Switzerland
Hi everybody, does someone know the weight of the OEM fox 34 rhythm ebike 150mm? Perhaps Rob who has changed to the dt swiss f535?
Thanks a lot

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
if anyone wants really discreet protection, the clear film from BKstickers is great and it comes with a 500x100 mm piece, that will cover a whole levo downtube

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire
Just a quick update on my tyre pressures been riding now for two or three weeks , and for my current conditions on all my local runs which are 20 mile loops across Cotswold brash and mud I’m find 13 psi both ends is spot on . Thanks to every who was telling me off for riding with lower pressure but if you read my first post it was my first ride , so it was trail and error , but if if came back very wet and slippery again around here I would definitely drop back to 10 and 8 psi as the grip was incredible.?

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Curious what tire you have on the rear and how the clearance is 2.5"? I'm not able to get a 2.6" minion to fit. A 2.6" butcher fits but it's much lower than the front Minion so it's throwing off my geometry.
Me too, I have the same frame and I can’t even get a 2.4 Aspen to fit without rubbing!

Karsten

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
The wife's '18 Aluminum has an extra .5"' clearance if not more. The Maxxis fits on hers no problem.

The rear triangle is different between alu and carbon on a 2018 Levo, here is what a 2.4 looks like on mine:

6031822F-6FDE-47BF-B22F-34907FA59828.jpeg

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Replace wheelset with 29" Mavic EXA 30s, 2.5 WT DHFs and custom wheel decals.

View attachment 10092

Could you do me a huge favour and take a pic showing how much space you have between tire and up against motor(front lower triangle)?

I have the exact same bike as yours in L and I can only run a 2.2 tire at the back, even a 2.3 ground Control is rubbing up against the motor :rolleyes:

I have contacted my local @Specialized Rider Care more than a week ago but apparently they could not care less replying a customer - Not a word from them and so much for the apparently good Specialized support everyone are praising but not in Scandinavia (n)

My theory is that there exist more than one rear triangle size as some have plenty of space and others not so much.

Karsten

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Could you do me a huge favour and take a pic showing how much space you have between tire and up against motor(front lower triangle)?

I have the exact same bike as yours in L and I can only run a 2.2 tire at the back, even a 2.3 ground Control is rubbing up against the motor :rolleyes:

I have contacted my local @Specialized Rider Care more than a week ago but apparently they could not care less replying a customer - Not a word from them and so much for the apparently good Specialized support everyone are praising but not in Scandinavia (n)

My theory is that there exist more than one rear triangle size as some have plenty of space and others not so much.

Karsten
That sounds odd as my bike is a small and has about 5mm clearance with the 29" mavics which are 30mm internal width. I'll post a photo in a couple of days. I suspect more likely sizing difference between tyre manufacturers - it may be 2.5 DHFs are actually less tall than 2.3 ground control. Rim internal width will also have a impact.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I have tried 3 different 29" rims from 25 mm to 34 mm inner width. I have tried 4 different tires from Specialized and Maxxis in 2.2 to 2.4. Only the Maxxis Ardent race 2.2 can be there with less than 5 mm space.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles