Post your Merida eMTB pics here!

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
My second trip to the Alps with the Merida is already history again...
This year I did a six-day tour through Piemonte, which is in the north-west part of Italy. It was an organized trip, our bags were transported with a van and the routes, sleeping and eating was al taken care of. We had the routes on gps and our guide (he and his wife organize the trip) was also riding with us.

So we only had to pedal and enjoy :)
Which was easy, since the landscape is beautiful and the tracks had everything from easy gravel (mostly climbs) to demanding (at least for us amateurs) descends over rocky singletracks (hiking paths). No shaped trails were we rode, all natural which I like the most.

The Merida did the job perfectly, apart from cleaning the suspension, dropperpost, lubing the chain and replacing the brakepads on the front there was no work needed. For my type of riding it's damn near perfect (y)

I did have to carry a spare battery, which I used everyday but one. Most days I used one full battery and the second one ended up with three bars.

There were 12 riders, all but the guide (on a Levo) and me on analog bikes. Because of this I could do most of the climbing in eco, only on steeper stuff I used trail and when it got so steep the analog riders had to walk I used boost. But boost is sometimes too hard to control on technical and steep stuff, so I got the chance to test the walk-assist mode too. Luckily this wasn't very often.
Once we had to carry the bikes over a pile of rocks, these are the moments you would prefer having the analog bike that rests at home in the garage :)

Anyway, some pics of the week, this one is on the Col d'Agnel. Crowded with tourists in the weekend, this was on a sunday:
IMG_20190630_155721404.jpg

Lunch the Italian way:
IMG_20190702_121534061.jpg

Hard to see, but there is a biker coming on that path on the left...
IMG_20190704_113553875.jpg

Waiting for some help to get these 23kg's over a pile of rocks :)
IMG_20190704_121321141.jpg

Gotta take some time to enjoy the scenery too...
IMG_20190704_113713326.jpg

Climbing with the "e" there's plenty of time to take a photograph of your mates :)
IMG_20190704_105257180_HDR.jpg

On the Gardetta plain, beautiful landscape...
IMG_20190703_113818576_HDR.jpg

Gotta come back sometime...
IMG-20190703-WA0022.jpg

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Another brilliant explore with a mate, I'm on the green machine and hes on the Norco Sight, late afternoon around Landsborough on the Sunny Coast. Found this awesome climb (with the Glasshouse Mountains in the background) and at the end of the road was a car park, so soon it will be an even better downhill with a bit of shuttling by road to the top.
Landsborough.jpg
Landsborough 1.jpg

Last edited:

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Sunday Funday
Sunday Funday.jpg

Out and about by 7am, some fantastic tracks around Wamuran in the Glasshouse Mts just north of Brissy. The trail maintenance fairies have built some awesome single track with imaginative names such as "Cobweb Track", "The E-Sean-anator", "E Grunt-up", "The Pirate Bay", "Mr Squiggle Track" and "The Awesome Gully Track". Can't wait for next weekend.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
My second trip to the Alps with the Merida is already history again...
This year I did a six-day tour through Piemonte, which is in the north-west part of Italy. It was an organized trip, our bags were transported with a van and the routes, sleeping and eating was al taken care of. We had the routes on gps and our guide (he and his wife organize the trip) was also riding with us.

So we only had to pedal and enjoy :)
Which was easy, since the landscape is beautiful and the tracks had everything from easy gravel (mostly climbs) to demanding (at least for us amateurs) descends over rocky singletracks (hiking paths). No shaped trails were we rode, all natural which I like the most.

The Merida did the job perfectly, apart from cleaning the suspension, dropperpost, lubing the chain and replacing the brakepads on the front there was no work needed. For my type of riding it's damn near perfect (y)

I did have to carry a spare battery, which I used everyday but one. Most days I used one full battery and the second one ended up with three bars.

There were 12 riders, all but the guide (on a Levo) and me on analog bikes. Because of this I could do most of the climbing in eco, only on steeper stuff I used trail and when it got so steep the analog riders had to walk I used boost. But boost is sometimes too hard to control on technical and steep stuff, so I got the chance to test the walk-assist mode too. Luckily this wasn't very often.
Once we had to carry the bikes over a pile of rocks, these are the moments you would prefer having the analog bike that rests at home in the garage :)

Anyway, some pics of the week, this one is on the Col d'Agnel. Crowded with tourists in the weekend, this was on a sunday:
View attachment 16085

Lunch the Italian way:
View attachment 16086

Hard to see, but there is a biker coming on that path on the left...
View attachment 16087

Waiting for some help to get these 23kg's over a pile of rocks :)
View attachment 16088

Gotta take some time to enjoy the scenery too...
View attachment 16089

Climbing with the "e" there's plenty of time to take a photograph of your mates :)
View attachment 16090

On the Gardetta plain, beautiful landscape...
View attachment 16091

Gotta come back sometime...
View attachment 16092
Did you leave home with nearly worn out brake pads or was it that brutal that you wore out a good set?

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
Not sure, it was still the original set of pads so probably worn something like halfway. In the front I use organic/resin pads, in the rear metal pads.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Nice, but I would say that as i have the same bike ;)
I can't believe you get on with that saddle though, I hated it, although I like you bar/stem upgrade (y)

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Give me chance mate, only had the bike a month ;) Saddle will be swapped soon, likely to a SDG bel air.
Forks have also had an upgrade to a 160mm air shaft.
Well you have done the bars & the air shaft :p I went with the bel air 2.
PS, I went with a 140mm debonair shaft & changed the tyres first to 2.4 DHR WT's then to 2.6 Nobby Nics.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Well you have done the bars & the air shaft :p
PS, I went with a 140mm debonair shaft & changed the tyres first ti DHR WT's then to Nobby Nics.

Nobby Nics, really, I cannot get on with them at all. Had them on a trance, rolled well but found grip was unpredictable so switched em out to high rollers. 1st ride with the recon rear in the mud yesterday, not to keen on that tbh. Will persist for a bit longer though, all good fun, just got a bit scary in wet clay at speed! :D

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Nice job on the shin... take it that was the cleats on your pedal that did it.
Mate told me I should be practicing standing still balancing, mono's and manuals, I thought that manuals looks the coolest and practice that.
All went well and thought I was improving till I flipped it! All I did though was take a bit of bark off my knee and elbow, no real blood like you, but at getting on the wrong side of 55 figured I'm too old for that sort of sh1t.
Decided that just riding it is far more fun, so after the a 23km morning ride and then flipping it thought the trusty steed could use a wash and polish, here's the result.

Shiney.jpg

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Nice job on the shin... take it that was the cleats on your pedal that did it.
Mate told me I should be practicing standing still balancing, mono's and manuals, I thought that manuals looks the coolest and practice that.
All went well and thought I was improving till I flipped it! All I did though was take a bit of bark off my knee and elbow, no real blood like you, but at getting on the wrong side of 55 figured I'm too old for that sort of sh1t.
Decided that just riding it is far more fun, so after the a 23km morning ride and then flipping it thought the trusty steed could use a wash and polish, here's the result.

View attachment 17584
Definitely worth practicing, try covering/using the rear brake to control/recover when the front wheel gets too high.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Thanks for that Dan, was trying to do that but it all happened so quick. Will keep practicing, though my mate said it was probably easier to get the hang of mono's first, then on to the manuals.:)

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Thanks for that Dan, was trying to do that but it all happened so quick. Will keep practicing, though my mate said it was probably easier to get the hang of mono's first, then on to the manuals.:)
Yes i think wheelies are probably easier. You can do them up hill in a lower gear which means you're limiting your speed so if you do loop it you will be able to land safely

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
I see your in Briss Vegas Dan, where do you ride around there, I'm in the Glasshouse and try and get out a couple of times a week after work and at least once on the weekends
more then happy to go for a ride sometime! I'm on southside but enjoy traveling to somewhere different

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Sure off on holidays for a week from tomorrow but will get in touch when we get back, got an awesome place near Wamuran that some boys have been busy building single track that's a heap of fun on any mtb but even better on an ebike

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
Recently I changed the original Lyrik RC fork for a DVO Diamond. I couldn't get the Lyrik to my liking on fast (brake)bumps. Maybe it's because I'm not to heavy at 70kg's (too much HSC) or maybe I don't know enough about setting up suspension. Or maybe I just didn't have enough patience :oops::)

But to me it's really an improvement, this fork can follow these fast bumps better compared to the Lyrik and the small bump compliance is also better (which I like, I like a comfortable fork). And that is with the recommended settings, I still have to fine-tune it a bit. But haven't taken the time yet, riding the bike is so much more fun :)

And I took a few pics with a camera instead of a phone:

Eonesixty_DVO1.jpg
Eonesixty_DVO2.jpg
Eonesixty_DVO3.jpg
Eonesixty_DVO4.jpg

Pinned

Nov 5, 2019
Adelaide
How much fun are these bikes. A few tweaks out of the box turns them into a crazy downhill weapon with stupid amounts of grip and stopping power. Then turn around and point it back up the hill to do it all over again.
20191208_213145[1].jpg
20191208_213118[1].jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles