Post your GPX tracks here

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
To embed your GPX map:

1: Create and upload a GPX to GPSies | Tracks, Strecken, Touren, Routen, Konverter (its easy to download the GPX file from Strava)

2. Grab this embed code from the GPSies map once you've uploaded it:

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 14.34.13.png

Put that code inside this embed tag. You ned to manually type the gpsies open and closing embed codes, shown here
Code:
[gpsies]Your iFrame embed code goes here [/gpsies]

Once you've done that hit Save to post it, then refresh the page. Your map will be embedded and displayed and other memners can download it to use.

Cheers,
Rob.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Yes it's an excellent idea, I'm always looking for new routes to explore.
But we need to create some sort of an index, so members can search on locations mileage etc, otherwise when this thread grows you will just have to scroll through endless pages to find what you want.
Just an idea, but GPSies already have a search system and easy referencing.
Could we somehow have an "EMTB forum" ride category within GPSies and that gets populated with the rides and all you will need from this site is a link?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yes it's an excellent idea, I'm always looking for new routes to explore.
But we need to create some sort of an index, so members can search on locations mileage etc, otherwise when this thread grows you will just have to scroll through endless pages to find what you want.
Just an idea, but GPSies already have a search system and easy referencing.
Could we somehow have an "EMTB forum" ride category within GPSies and that gets populated with the rides and all you will need from this site is a link?
I added a track group here. Can you upload to it?

Streckenordner | EMTB Forums | GPSies

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
It all works, but I can't upload to it, I think only the account creator can add to it.
Don't know if there is a setting so all users can upload to it?
If not this will mean that you will have to manually do it, unless the password is common knowledge to all forum members.
I don't mind helping with this task, if you need to discuss email me on "[email protected]"

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Trying this to see if Komoot works. Not quite in you guy league but a wee run from a novice.

https://www.komoot.com/tour/47351415/embed?image=1&profile=1&width=640&height=580
HKP57 go on to the GPSies web site and create an account.
Then simply import the GPX file from your Komoot ride into your GPSies account.
This will then present it in a format that other people can see clearly and download if they want to recreate your ride.
The GPSies site is quite a good tool for creating rides for yourself as well ?

HKP57

Jul 7, 2018
Central Scotland
For those novices around here is a very easy and pleasant trip around Loch Katrine, travel up the Loch on a 115 year old steam ferry then cycle the 14 miles back. All except a short section of single track its all tarmac so ideal all year round.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
For anyone near Donegal, Ireland, this is a track of a great ride in and around Glenveagh National Park. Total distance 23.5 miles.
Start and end at the Visitor carpark. Climb out of park and follow trail. Great descent down into park from R254. Trail shared with walkers so take it easy. You can stop off for a cuppa at the castle and don't forget to ride up to the view points.

View it here:
Glenveagh 13 May 2018 | Mountain Biking with ViewRanger GPS

Attachments

• Glenveagh-13-May-2018.gpx
    256.6 KB · Views: 352

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles