Portable pressure washers

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Am loving my mobi v17. Just right amount of power for bike washing. Cleaned various other things too like walking boots so the car doesn’t get muddy

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Yes you are missing where I said I carried the bike in the car, wanted to get the mud off before I put the bike in the car but didn't want to start over when I got home. In fact the whole point of my question and this thread regarding portable washers :)

Right, so like I said earlier in the thread, if you buy a £10 visqueen sheet, and put your muddy bike on top, then go home and wash it down, how is faffing with water and a mobile washer that would cost 8x more a better idea when you have to kind of wash the bike twice? This is the part where I'm wondering what I'm missing, your saying 'get mud off the car' well obviously....but then if you stick a sheet down in the boot of the car, theres no mud is there. I saw someone doing this the other day and I was like, oh that's surely the cheapest, easiest thing to do

Here this thing is called a visqueen sheet......I'm not even being sarcastic and wondering if you know what it does? :p

c152568cb12381fde579b40e86e6658a.png

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Right, so like I said earlier in the thread, if you buy a £10 visqueen sheet, and put your muddy bike on top, then go home and wash it down, how is faffing with water and a mobile washer that would cost 8x more a better idea when you have to kind of wash the bike twice? This is the part where I'm wondering what I'm missing, your saying 'get mud off the car' well obviously....but then if you stick a sheet down in the boot of the car, theres no mud is there. I saw someone doing this the other day and I was like, oh that's surely the cheapest, easiest thing to do

Here this thing is called a visqueen sheet......I'm not even being sarcastic and wondering if you know what it does? :p

c152568cb12381fde579b40e86e6658a.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I don't need to rewash my bike after using the Mobi.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
An added benefit of the sheet is that it may also make maneuvering the bike in the back of the car easier so thanks for the heads up but I still needed something for washing the bike rather than a bucket and sponge. Whether I do it at the trail centre or at home is not really relevant but at least I now have the choice. i won't be washing it twice that's for sure and this item should make the task much easier.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An added benefit of the sheet is that it may also make maneuvering the bike in the back of the car easier
Drunk wives can also be dragged easier to the car on the sheet and if they make a mess on the way home it's far easier to just hose them and the sheet off .. uhmm, you're right - you do need a battery power washer whatever route you take.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Drunk wives can also be dragged easier to the car on the sheet and if they make a mess on the way home it's far easier to just hose them and the sheet off .. uhmm, you're right - you do need a battery power washer whatever route you take.
Ah but everyone already has a jet wash for the car right?? So take out the drunk wife and hoze it down....I’d recommend some fabreeze though just in case she has pished ones self

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
An added benefit of the sheet is that it may also make maneuvering the bike in the back of the car easier so thanks for the heads up but I still needed something for washing the bike rather than a bucket and sponge. Whether I do it at the trail centre or at home is not really relevant but at least I now have the choice. i won't be washing it twice that's for sure and this item should make the task much easier.

I think if you don’t have a jet wash already then makes a lot of sense just to go portable but I’m lazy and as much as I have a emtb fetish pre washing a bike and then washing again it at home is horrifying to me! If it’s a one off wash done on site great but I guess soap and sponge etc is taken too?

Good point on the sheet....isn’t it funny how in Britain we incorporate a slip plane into our buildings....the Amsterdam’s who don’t have DPCs we’re once asked by us brits why they don’t do the same, there answer was they don’t see the point in adding a slip layer....

if folk can muster up success stories of one off bike washes after the ride then the bike goes home and gets lubed up etc great I’m all for it but just seems more work/hassle than slinging the bike on a sheet and using my k2 at home otherwise! I do have a Thule bike carrier too but no toe bar yet! ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’m lazy and as much as I have a emtb fetish pre washing a bike and then washing again it at home is horrifying to me!
So lazy that you can't even be bothered the read the OP correctly...
I'm also thinking that if I'm taking time to clean the bike at the bike park I might as well do a thorough job and not have to do it again when I get home.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Certainly the latter part is true ..

I'm starting to wonder if a large enough plastic sheet .. a portable power washer and an MTB couldn't be more fun ....

Are you sure? I’m sure that my nearly a wife is more cost effective....if I’ve spent £6k on my biking Illness well 6000/50 = 120 dates, Jesus what am I doing....hmmm. I’ve probably had like 20 dates with my drunken one so that’s 1k....this could translate to in another reality having 5+ wives for the price of my emtb?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
The Mobi V15 is £49.99 at CRC in the Black Friday sale.

That looks a great option that!

Two options offering different pros/cons cheers. This one your limited to the car charger cable (I didn’t see a battery) but it’s an all in one so no faff, water in, plug in off you go, no charging! Value wise it’s no cheaper as the extra kit items soon bump it up if you ever need that is, the foam bottle is handy, I’ll just load it with muc off which is £15/5 lt.....that said I’m wondering if fairy liquid is just as good really.

Has anyone had both these by any chance?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
That looks a great option that!

Two options offering different pros/cons cheers. This one your limited to the car charger cable (I didn’t see a battery) but it’s an all in one so no faff, water in, plug in off you go, no charging! Value wise it’s no cheaper as the extra kit items soon bump it up if you ever need that is, the foam bottle is handy, I’ll just load it with muc off which is £15/5 lt.....that said I’m wondering if fairy liquid is just as good really.

Has anyone had both these by any chance?

The Mobi V17 has an internal battery, twice the price at the moment though ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I have a V15 (I may have already posted that a few times...) and it's perfect for my requirements. I haven't bought any extras for it but I do carry an extra 25L of water for those properly grim days where you wished you stayed in bed.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's back up 75 quid now. FFS! It's a like a fucking yo yo!

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I have a V15 (I may have already posted that a few times...) and it's perfect for my requirements. I haven't bought any extras for it but I do carry an extra 25L of water for those properly grim days where you wished you stayed in bed.

You mean work days... ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles