Portable pressure washers

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Just tested mine. It's very good, plenty of pressure if required. I bought the one with the additional accessories so I can foam wash. It came with 2 x batteries which was a pleasant, unexpected surprise. All I want now is a case to carry it in otherwise I can see the bits getting scattered round the boot. The cardboard box won't last very long I suspect.
Sorry which one?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
So really isn’t this just a waste of energy? Your doing the same job twice almost or 1.5x, then needing water, lugging around, more space needed......

why not just get a 1m x 4m DPM 300MU Damp Proof Membrane Polythene Sheet 1200 Guage Visqueen under a tenner for the boot, take bike out wash properly once only, lube up and you’ve saved time overall and water......

as for muddy items we could bag them up and wash those too but luckily seem alright in the washer so far!

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
I bought the worx one with brushless motors..can't remember the model number..only really any good for mtb,my motorbike and the garage door n facia...could do the car but it would be to much like hard work

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
+ 1 for the Mobi. Works well with hot water.
Spray. Muc Off Spray.
Just angle / deflect off any bearings or sensitive areas.
Works on riding kit and shoes as well.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
yeah if you have a PC you can.
I’ve not tried trialforks. I’ll look it up
Trail Forks... you drag one along and it's easy to see where you've been so you can find your way back ..

trail fork.jpg

AjonnoJ

Aug 30, 2020
Sussex
Can anyone make a personal recommendation? I've seen a few reviews but remain none the wiser.

Please resist the temptation to lecture about the wisdom of using a pressure washer on an e-bike. I am aware of the risks which is partly why I'm looking for recommendations. Small is good, I only want to wash one bike at the park before putting it in the car. Both battery and plug into 12V lighter port would be good. I'm currently using a Hozelock 1.5 litre manual garden pump but I don't think it will be up to the job of winter mud. I'm also thinking that if I'm taking time to clean the bike at the bike park I might as well do a thorough job and not have to do it again when I get home. To date I've looked at:

Karcha OC3
Jetwet
Mobi V17
Worx Hydro Shot

Al
I got Mobi V17 a few weeks ago. Really handy to get the worst of it off before getting home. I’m really pleased with it but to do a proper job you will still need some sort of cleaner and brush etc. it’s not the most powerful but that was the selling point for me. Only used on battery so far but does have 12V power supply too. Does the job ??

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
We like the detailed mapping on the Outdoor GPS app. Basically use it to create our own routes for exploring and finding shortcuts. Use old iPhones which we keep on the bikes and use airplane mode which lasts a whole day. No data is needed once the UK map is downloaded.

A7EBC008-C245-4264-954D-FDF6D0C663A7.png
F9D1F3D7-E78D-4416-AA16-52F1F15D5AD6.png

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I think they all come with a battery but I did buy a spare battery which was cheap as chips. It is an Erbauer 18v 2.0 Ah.
many of these type of batteries look almost identical but there are subtle differences in the connectors which mean they won’t fit so be careful when buying a spare or alternative battery

Last edited:

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Different apps have different strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't use TrailForks to plan a route for example but I might use Komoot and/or OS Mapping. TrailForks, however, is brilliant for finding established trails.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Ordered a Hydroshot from Amazon £78 c/w accessory pack and battery.
It will come in useful at home, not just on bikes, so will give it a go.

Be careful, some of the listings on Amazon are bare unit only, without battery.

The speed at which it can clean a bike is awesome ?
Even use it to clean MTB shoes in seconds

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Shame they can't dry MTB shoes as well.
I melted the insoles of my Giro's on Friday, trying to dry them with a fan heater.

Ive used these cheap Slazenger Warriors (£17.99) for over a year and good as new. quick blast with hydroshot and job done. Never had wet feet, even when blasting them with a pressure washer ?

A0BD8F88-1A76-4B96-90AA-E00E41066BAE.png

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
The next one up looks better value for just £10 more......but instead of 1hr charger it’s 3-5.....hmmmm

I might get one but I still don’t see the logic in doing more work rather than using a visqueen sheet and doing the job once properly when your back to base, fair enough if you did a full clean on site and then lube it when home but you rinse down once, towel it down then repeat again, plus the need to carry a big tub of 4lt space....am I missing something?

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
....am I missing something?
Yes you are missing where I said I carried the bike in the car, wanted to get the mud off before I put the bike in the car but didn't want to start over when I got home. In fact the whole point of my question and this thread regarding portable washers :)

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Yes you are missing where I said I carried the bike in the car, wanted to get the mud off before I put the bike in the car but didn't want to start over when I got home. In fact the whole point of my question and this thread regarding portable washers :)
That was meant to be amusing not sarcastic. Apologies if it came across that way.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I found it amusing because it was sarcastic, I can even image you rolling your eyes as you typed it. :D

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I had a mobi V15 till a fellow rider not really a mate ? accidentally stood on hose exit snapping it off, was pain finding replacement so got a hydro shot, night & day better than the mobi, more powerful, if have no water can put hose in puddle/stream etc to clean bike, also turn up pressure to clean van. Mine broke after a while, wouldn’t suck up the water from the container (bought 20l container off eBay) so contacted Amazon they sent out new one & sent old one back in sale box, new one still working

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles