Portable pressure washers

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
It just shows how different people put different values on features. The 17 litre capacity was in the negative column for me, I preferred the flexibility of the Worx, but I have to say the 12 volt car socket is a good idea. My second choice was the Karcher OC3 but I was worried that it did not have enough pressure. I could get near as damn it the same pressure from a manual Hozelock garden pump.

Totally, I ruled out anything with a tank as space is limited in my van if I'm away for a few days.
The Worx is tiny when packed up.

Trig

Sep 23, 2020
Scotland
Didnt know i needed one of these untill i read this thread.
Ordered a Worx Hydroshot.
Quite a few bad reviews on Amazon for it though, mainly lack of pressure issues. Im assuming its just idiots expecting a full power pressure washer, as there are mostly good reviews, and everyone here seems positive?
Only really need it for the bike and my boots etc regardless anyway.

Anyone happen to know the watts required for the charger offhand?
Got a 230v, 130 watt socket in my van, so hopefully it can charge off that.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
A
Quite a few bad reviews on Amazon for it though, mainly lack of pressure issues. Im assuming its just idiots expecting a full power pressure washer, as there are mostly good reviews, and everyone here seems positive?

I think you are right. It allegedly delivers 22 bar. The Karcher only delivers 5 so being under pressured seems highly unlikely.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
What water tank are you connecting the Worx to? Are you using the bottle connector? I'm thinking of getting this from Amazon Canada:

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I've no idea yet. It only arrived this afternoon. I first need to do a bike clean to see how much it will need. I hate carrying more than is necessary with anything.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
What water tank are you connecting the Worx to? Are you using the bottle connector? I'm thinking of getting this from Amazon Canada:
I just connect the hose that's supplied with it, you can use any water source you like, take a 20 liter tub of water in your car, use a river, fill a bucket, whatever. Even has a filter. Works a treat. ?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I just connect the hose that's supplied with it, you can use any water source you like, take a 20 liter tub of water in your car, use a river, fill a bucket, whatever. Even has a filter. Works a treat. ?
I’ll need to take some sort of tank with a secure lid as there won’t be any water source nearby after I ride the bike and get back to the car.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge

I reckon you'll be ok!
It's not a particularly fast charger though
1603402411730.png

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Worx you can wash anywhere. The Mobi you need to be near your 12v socket. I use the Worx at home as well near the tap but I can dip into the 25L water container I got. It was like £7..

My Mobi busted after 2 months. Worx is still going strong and it can easily do 3 bikes on one battery. Its just above the same pressure as a hose on max pressure but you don't want any more than that on a bike TBH..

It does take a while to charge but a separate battery is not much..

It's all horses for courses at the end of the day..!

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Worx you can wash anywhere. The Mobi you need to be near your 12v socket. I use the Worx at home as well near the tap but I can dip into the 25L water container I got. It was like £7..

My Mobi busted after 2 months. Worx is still going strong and it can easily do 3 bikes on one battery. Its just above the same pressure as a hose on max pressure but you don't want any more than that on a bike TBH..

It does take a while to charge but a separate battery is not much..

It's all horses for courses at the end of the day..!

The Mobi has a battery as well, also takes a while to charge though.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I wonder if it would be possible to buy one without the batteries and use my existing 5Ah Makita 18V batteries.
Pretty sure they're not sold without a battery. I would say as well the connection between battery and unit is likely to be proprietary. I could be wrong though!

20201023_202319.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wonder if it would be possible to buy one without the batteries and use my existing 5Ah Makita 18V batteries.
If you want another brand you'll struggle .. I think only Dolmar are compatable with Makita batteries and Dolmar are just Makita ..

Makita do make the DHW080 which is part of their X2 range (takes 2 batteries to run at 36v).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For 25 litre water tanks, you'd be surprised how many places have dozens or hundreds of these are to get rid of. Lots of cleaning places for instance, Horse rug washing, Car washes and so on - most of their soaps will come in the 25 litre containers so you'd get them for free and just give them a good wash out .... with a power washer :)

Up-cycling !

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Technically it might be on option. Not saying that anyone should still do it.

View attachment 42646

And

Very interesting! Perhaps the Makita batteries might even be waterproof? Which the Worx ones are not...i know right? Non-waterproof batteries on a jet washer... go figure

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Another vote for the Hydroshot, had mine 2 years and still going strong, and its super useful for other tasks as you can just hook it up to garden hose and clean down outdoor furniture etc without the hassle of getting the big boy pressure washer out. Adjustable nozzle also means you can set it do that its not going to damage the bike, although its not so powerful as to make that much of a risk anyway.

Its main brilliance is to blast crap off a bike after a ride before putting bike back in car/van etc - I dont tend to use it for a proper wash which I will do at home, but its brilliant at getting all the crap off a bike in a couple of minutes after a ride when packing up/

I just got a 20L jerry can off amazon for the water.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
You can buy the Hydroshot ‘bare’ i.e. without a battery... it’s unlikely other manufacturers batteries will fit though. There are a few aftermarket batteries that fit the Worx range on Amazon etc

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Work is owned by Positec, a large Chinese company that also make Rockwell products - I think they make other brands stuff in their factories too.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Just tested mine. It's very good, plenty of pressure if required. I bought the one with the additional accessories so I can foam wash. It came with 2 x batteries which was a pleasant, unexpected surprise. All I want now is a case to carry it in otherwise I can see the bits getting scattered round the boot. The cardboard box won't last very long I suspect.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Just tested mine. It's very good, plenty of pressure if required. I bought the one with the additional accessories so I can foam wash. It came with 2 x batteries which was a pleasant, unexpected surprise. All I want now is a case to carry it in otherwise I can see the bits getting scattered round the boot. The cardboard box won't last very long I suspect.

Does it come with the 1 hour charger as well?

tophies

Sep 16, 2019
UK
I have the Worx - cleans my Levo, use the low pressure setting near any frame holes and the motor and TCU and high pressure on the bits that get really dirty underframe wheels and forks, just remember to lube the pivot points on the frame after. Neatly packs all into a case with a collapsible bucket, but with a bottle connector using a old 2 litre coke bottle or similar (extra about £5 - lower bottom left of pic) it can also work without the hose part - which is great if out on location
Untitled.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles