Portable pressure washers

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I got the bottle attachment for the hydro shot recently, put the bike cleaner in it and its snow foams the bike, makes the dirt drop off, and then a quick rinse before back on the car, can highly recommend it

Dec 18, 2019
UK
Well..... my Fontus lasted 6 washes and now it's heading back for a refund. I used it on spray for my bike but, due to how wet and muddy it was last week, I had to use the jet nozzle for a bit. After a minute of continuous use, the pump began pulsing on and off and then a leak appeared at the bottom of the unit. I switched back to spray and it was fine, but as soon as I tried to use the jet, the same thing happened. I also had an issue of the clips not holding in one of the green side panels correctly, so it's going back on Monday. I think i'll be going for the 4.0ah Worx instead.

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I have the Karcher OC3 and am quite pleased with it, it's portable and not too powerful, about the same power as a garden hose.
It has a built-in battery so you don't need to plug it in to the aux socket which means no need to be next to the van/car ti wash your bike.
The only downside is the 4 litre water capacity, I take a couple of gallon of warm water along in old screen wash containers to top up with.

Markwright1983

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
I highly recommend the Worx hydroshot and the snow foam bottle filled with muc off (or similar).

I have a 23 litre water container which I take with me and one 2.0Ah just about lasts to use it all. Can get two bikes sparkly clean with this.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
Banktramp said:
i have the same washer, I cleaned my bike with no problem at all, I would say unless you are cleaning ten bikes you shouldn’t have an issue.
thanks! Also just read in one review, that it is much more powerful when engine is running.
I've used my V15 with the engine off and running for two very muddy bikes but couldn't see that much difference TBH :confused:

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
Thanks, that sounds good. It is quite a problem for me since it is forbidden in Germany to have parked car with running engine
Yeah, just as long as you don't take all day about it it'll be fine. Not sure how much battery it would use plugged in, but not in use?

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
In reality Sergei if your washer is about 60w (as my Mobi is) it will last you about 14hours on a fully charged battery so you won’t have a problem.

Duggan

Feb 20, 2019
Isle of Man
I highly recommend the Worx hydroshot and the snow foam bottle filled with muc off (or similar).

I have a 23 litre water container which I take with me and one 2.0Ah just about lasts to use it all. Can get two bikes sparkly clean with this.
Agree with this, the Worx is a great bit of kit ???

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills

Yeah, I’ve got the hydroshot too. It’s great. Not used the foam bottle on it yet. Do you fill it with standard strength Muc Off or the concentrated version?

Markwright1983

Subscriber
Aug 27, 2020
Middlesbrough
Yeah, I’ve got the hydroshot too. It’s great. Not used the foam bottle on it yet. Do you fill it with standard strength Muc Off or the concentrated version?
Standard. It’s a bit hit and miss with how foamy it gets. The first few times I used it it just kind of spat out the liquid and used the full bottle in about 30 seconds. I’ve since figured that if I only half fill the bottle and turn it upside down and keep shaking it whilst spraying it spits out a nice foam.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
thanks! Also just read in one review, that it is much more powerful when engine is running.
Not surprising. With the engine running your car battery will be at 14.4-14.8 volts and won't suffer from voltage drop when you apply a load (like running the pump in the Mobi), without it'll be between 12 and 13, depending on the state of charge and load induced voltage drop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles