Portable pressure washers

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Can anyone make a personal recommendation? I've seen a few reviews but remain none the wiser.

Please resist the temptation to lecture about the wisdom of using a pressure washer on an e-bike. I am aware of the risks which is partly why I'm looking for recommendations. Small is good, I only want to wash one bike at the park before putting it in the car. Both battery and plug into 12V lighter port would be good. I'm currently using a Hozelock 1.5 litre manual garden pump but I don't think it will be up to the job of winter mud. I'm also thinking that if I'm taking time to clean the bike at the bike park I might as well do a thorough job and not have to do it again when I get home. To date I've looked at:

Karcha OC3
Jetwet
Mobi V17
Worx Hydro Shot

Al

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’ve got a Mobi V15. It’s basically the V17 without an internal battery. It’s bloody brilliant and highly recommended. I got it for £50 from CRC as a Black Friday deal. I wouldn’t be without it now.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I have the Kärcher OC3 and using it when I'm away from home.
It's just brilliant....pressure is so low, that it dosent hurt anything, but it removes all the dirt fast.
The onboard water reservoir will clean 1-2 bikes, depending on the muddy conditions.
Tube can be connected to a bucket with extra water...

Batteri will clean approx 20 bikes, before it needs to be charged.
Highly recommended.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I've got the Mobi V17 , fantastic bit of kit .
Can wash 2 bikes with it if you get a shift on .
RRP about £150
Currently £89.99 on Wiggle and CRC

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I have the Kärcher OC3 and using it when I'm away from home.
It's just brilliant....pressure is so low, that it dosent hurt anything, but it removes all the dirt fast.
The onboard water reservoir will clean 1-2 bikes, depending on the muddy conditions.
Tube can be connected to a bucket with extra water...

Batteri will clean approx 20 bikes, before it needs to be charged.
Highly recommended.
I have one of these. It is perfect with the brush attached as it trickles water out at just enougn pressure to remove mud without risking damaging the bike, and the brush easily removes stubborn mud. Totally self-contained with battery and water but compact. Also very good for cleaning your walking boots when you get back to the car. Various accessory sets available.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
I got a Bosch Fontus got to say it is the best thing I bought that is not mounted on the bike. Battery lasts for at least two full (15L) Tanks

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I've got the Mobi V17 as well, I use it all the time to clean my bikes, the power is plenty good enough. Had mine 18 months and I've just replaced the battery as it wasn't lasting as long, replacement was £11.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Plus one for the Worx Hydroshot. I fill a 20 litre tub with water and I've got a mobile washing station. Nice gentle spray so doesn't harm anything. The more powerful setting is great for cleaning sheep dung off my tyres. Inexpensive solution

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
The Worx Hydroshot has it. Just ordered. :) It looks like the most versatile one on the market although I did like the compactness of the Karcher. It also looks like Worx one is the more powerful of the two.

Al

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
No I didn't know but I suspect that even on the high it's not going to come anywhere near a mains powered jet wash. In any case it's easy enough to redirect and adjust the spray I would have thought.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I very rarely use the low power setting on the hydro shot.
If you are worried then just use the sprinkler setting and it should be fine around the motor area.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
No I didn't know but I suspect that even on the high it's not going to come anywhere near a mains powered jet wash. In any case it's easy enough to redirect and adjust the spray I would have thought.
Yes you'll be fine without the high/low switch, a nice feature, but I hardly use it on mine, I just select a wide angle spray at the nozzle and it's a good gentle-ish pressure ?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
The batteries for the hydroshot are quite common and used in a variety of power tools. I got hold of a second one just in case as we have 2 cars to wash but I’ve never needed the second battery. One battery lasts ages

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I think my hydroshot has paid for itself many times over.

3510E62A-AF7D-49A9-879F-D81D56D47D49.jpeg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
this thread has peer pressured me into buying a mobi v17. I looked at a few videos and many of the others mentioned seem to make a lot of noise which is a bit offputting. I like a stealthier sounding one :)

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
this thread has peer pressured me into buying a mobi v17. I looked at a few videos and many of the others mentioned seem to make a lot of noise which is a bit offputting. I like a stealthier sounding one :)
I was torn between the Worx and the Karcher OC3. The Mobi looked a bit on the big side.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I was torn between the Worx and the Karcher OC3. The Mobi looked a bit on the big side.

It is quite big but does have a 17 litre tank on it, which makes it more practical than the Worx, in my opinion of course... Oh and it can also be run off a 12 volt car socket.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
It is quite big but does have a 17 litre tank on it, which makes it more practical than the Worx, in my opinion of course... Oh and it can also be run off a 12 volt car socket.
It just shows how different people put different values on features. The 17 litre capacity was in the negative column for me, I preferred the flexibility of the Worx, but I have to say the 12 volt car socket is a good idea. My second choice was the Karcher OC3 but I was worried that it did not have enough pressure. I could get near as damn it the same pressure from a manual Hozelock garden pump.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
In theory you could bring your hydroshot with you and dip the tube into a river / lake and wash your bike.
The tube even has a filter on the end to prevent a ‘fish strike’ when spraying your bike down.
???
It was exactly this type of versatility that influenced me. The ideal would have been a combination of the best of the Mobi, the karcher and the Worx I've been using one of those 5 Litre manual garden sprays which was fine for getting most of the dirt off but not thorough enough to class it as a clean so it was annoying me that I had to start over when I got home.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
It just shows how different people put different values on features. The 17 litre capacity was in the negative column for me, I preferred the flexibility of the Worx, but I have to say the 12 volt car socket is a good idea. My second choice was the Karcher OC3 but I was worried that it did not have enough pressure. I could get near as damn it the same pressure from a manual Hozelock garden pump.

Very true, that's why there are lots of choices :) To be honest I didn't know about the Worx one when I got mine anyway... I might end up with both :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles