Porsche eMTB

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I ran into the new Porsche eMTB at my local OPC. I got to fondle it , but no riding.

My impressions:
1. Beautifully designed and made carbon frame - although I pref alu when I fall
2. EP8 motor - good choice
3. I really like the wheels design, would pref mallet size
4. It has 500Wh battery, and clicking through the controls, 100km range on eco. I have 170km range, but I have larger battery and my eco is set lower assist than standard

Verdict, a lot of badge, but I have a better bike, at least for me — Ducati/THOK TK01 RR — so I got Porsche eMTB out my system.

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Its still got a bl**dy derailleur. Until flappy paddles and double clutch gearboxes with belt drive are available its still old hat.
Sorry Porsche ….not convinced.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Just because it has a Porsche badge on does not mean it’s good. A lot of peaple will have one because they think it’s the dogs dangles because it has a Porsche badge. Them peaple are very rich or stupid or both.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Still, at least they've reassuringly put a shift in to grasp the technical ins & outs of their rebadged own product, in return for your £10k.

Untitled.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
"The smooth-running continental speed king tyres also make everyday routes into real adventures"

Isn't that like saying "The tyres are coated with the ultimate form of Teflon and the sidewalls were developed to offer the rider a 'fuzzy logic' feel when it comes to predictability." - Porsche say : There's no need to go and find crazy trails with this bad boy. Just ride down your drive - the adrenaline will be pumping and you'll be sweating in seconds like you're fighting for your life. This bike is as close as an experience as you can get on 2 wheels to a first gen 911 Turbo that you can buy today.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yeah well, if you're running a Porkster these days, you'll need to a lottery win to get it off the drive. I called mine George Best. It really liked a drink.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles