POC VPD air sleeves vs. elbow?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Has anybody tried POC Air sleeve or leg vs. the more traditional POC VPD air knee or elbow? Pros and cons? I want lightweight POC but not sure how to decide between the two. They are the same price.

Sleeve/leg:
VPD-Air-elbow-1.jpg
VPD-Air-knee-1.jpg

Knee /Elbow:
p-20440-02.jpg

p-20430-01.jpg

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I've tried the different versions on but not actually ridden with them ... so this may be useful or not!

I thought I'd prefer the sleeve versions both for looks, comfort and longer coverage, but I actually much preferred the normal versions. The velcro strap on the normal ones makes so much difference - really holds them securely in place, they feel better and IMO also look better.

With the sleeve versions the lycra just doesn't hold them in place. Maybe if you have Popeye style muscles bulging out it works fine :) And the lycra easily shifts up & down the arm/leg so that extra length coverage just wasn't going to work for me either.

Joerope

Patreon
Jan 21, 2018
Bristol
I tried the sleevs but they made my arms too hot. I used to have an old pair of POCS which lasted four years until the straps became loose. Unfortunately I went OTT and and they slid up my arms and were practically useless. I should have replaced them at least a year before. Have now got a new pair which I can vouch for. They stay in place and you dont even feel them. POC Joint VPD System Elbow pads

IMG_20181004_185031.jpg

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I tried the sleevs but they made my arms too hot. I used to have an old pair of POCS which lasted four years until the straps became loose. Unfortunately I went OTT and and they slid up my arms and were practically useless. I should have replaced them at least a year before. Have now got a new pair which I can vouch for. They stay in place and you dont even feel them. POC Joint VPD System Elbow pads

View attachment 11062
Yes, ideally that picture is what I am trying to avoid :p:ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles